+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 iPhone 4s - one on iOS6, other on iOS7- swap guts so iOS6 is on device I want it on?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have 2 64gb 4s iPhones for Verizon. Both are white. I have my old iPhone on 6.1.3- it has cracked screens and is beat up. I got a hold
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2 iPhone 4s - one on iOS6, other on iOS7- swap guts so iOS6 is on device I want it on?
    I have 2 64gb 4s iPhones for Verizon. Both are white. I have my old iPhone on 6.1.3- it has cracked screens and is beat up. I got a hold of a mint one to replace it. Only problem is it's on 7.whatever_is_current. I use the 4s as an iPod (external speaker is much louder than the iPod Touch).

I greatly prefer the previous iOS, so I'm wondering if I took these two iPhones apart and swapped the guts if that would solve my problem? Or would that create other problems, like screw up ESN's and such? FWIW applecare plus is on the nice iPhone and has about 12 months remaining, so that is connected to that ESN as far as I understand it- and that is the phone on iOS7. Also both the phones have clean ESN's, if that makes any difference.

If my idea would work, what is/are the main part(s) I'd need to swap between phones to get iOS6 on the phone that I want it on?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm interested in selling my cracked screen iPhone if anyone here wants it. Just let me know!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

You would be fine swapping the boards
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, thank you Cowboy!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

No problem
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here