+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 exposing/displaying logic board chipset.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So. I have recently become interested in mods to spice up my ever ageing iPhone 4 (GSM) 32GB. One of the particular mods that caught my eye was a transparent
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 exposing/displaying logic board chipset.
    So.

I have recently become interested in mods to spice up my ever ageing iPhone 4 (GSM) 32GB. One of the particular mods that caught my eye was a transparent shell, which would allow the phone to remain the same dimensions - but of course let someone see the internals of the device.

As I did my research (not taking apart an iPhone before), I noticed that some images were a bit different. The main image I have found shows the iPhone with all of it's internals as Apple intended - shields and ribbon cables all over the place and not very interesting. Then I found another image of some shields removed - displaying more connections and even the chipset on the phone's logic board.

I've watched several videos on the assembly of the phone, but cannot find one that demonstrates the removal of the logic board shield. I am familiar with the top shield and how to remove it, as well as several others - however I am unable to figure out how to remove the shield on the logic board. It looks like the logic board 'shield' is just a removable film adhered to the chipset to protect it from dust etc. Would it just be a matter of removing the logic board and then peeling this 'film' off?

If anyone who's done this before or even seen the logic board before could help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

I've attached images of both the common mod and the stripped down (IMO cooler looking) version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 exposing/displaying logic board chipset.-screen-shot-2013-09-15-3.35.18-am.png   iPhone 4 exposing/displaying logic board chipset.-screen-shot-2013-09-15-3.35.53-am.png