Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 screen is flickering + video

Default iPhone 4 screen is flickering + video
    Hello,
    I have my iphone 4 screen flickering when i go into photos or camera and sometime on the main screen too
    *** you can see on the video i uploaded

now, i've checked with a new screen and it is the screen which is the cause of this issue
    if i replace the screen all is good
    my question is, if any of you have ever encountered this and maybe it is a known/femiliar issue and there is a way to fix this screen and not having to purchase a new one

any suggestions? is it possiable to fix it? maybe its something related to the resistors on the cable?

video on youtube
    IMG 0506 - YouTube

Regards,
    Mosh
    Last edited by moshikoy; 08-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.

You cleaned the screen with some bad alchool?
    Is this the first time when you opened the iphone?

hello and thank you for your replay
    i haven't used alcohol
    this phone worked perfectly untill few days ago, nothing special happened (at least not something i've noticed)
    suddwnly it turned to be like that

Look at the ribbon cable on my old 3gs was same thinf when i pull it off from my pocket it was "white screen" after i opened it i found a little cut at the bottom of the ribbon, check all the canle and flex it easly in both directions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've encountered this A LOT. It's not all the time but I've ran into at least 10 times in the past 4 years. I've ran into it with iPhone and iPod screens. Just the other day I ran into a flickering LCD off of a OEM iPhone 5 screen replacement.

Typically it is a bad screen. You can try unplugging the battery and screen.. then reconnecting the screen and then battery. This has only helped me once. Anymore if this happens I caulk it up as a bad screen and send it back for a RMA.

EDIT: Well, I just now watched the video.. and that was NOT the flickering I get. Something is definitely not right.. probably is a bad screen though. lol
    iRepair Indy

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually have a GSM iPhone 4 in my shop that does this all the time, not just in specific apps. I thought it was the screen at first and replaced it. A week later it did the same thing. I always assumed it was a board issue. It's done it to 4 different screens. Sometimes the screens work on other phones afterwards and sometimes it kills the LCD. I'm going to guess that you'll see the issue again. I think it's a problem with the connector on the board but I'm not sure. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue but nothing ever works in the long run. Haven't tried and board related fixes aside from cleaning it like it was a water damaged iPhone.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    I actually have a GSM iPhone 4 in my shop that does this all the time, not just in specific apps. I thought it was the screen at first and replaced it. A week later it did the same thing. I always assumed it was a board issue. It's done it to 4 different screens. Sometimes the screens work on other phones afterwards and sometimes it kills the LCD. I'm going to guess that you'll see the issue again. I think it's a problem with the connector on the board but I'm not sure. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue but nothing ever works in the long run. Haven't tried and board related fixes aside from cleaning it like it was a water damaged iPhone.
    That's always fun.

Try a different frame?
    iRepair Indy