+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 5 stuck on headphone mode Help Please????

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I was wondering if someone can help me my i5 is stuck on headphone mode and I have tried almost everything to fix it and nothing has worked plugging
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IPhone 5 stuck on headphone mode Help Please????
    Hi I was wondering if someone can help me my i5 is stuck on headphone mode and I have tried almost everything to fix it and nothing has worked plugging and unplugging headphones,blow dryer,deleting com.apple.iapd.plist and none has worked i did checked to c if it was on mute and is not does anybody know of any other file I can erase thru ifile to remove headphone mode please help thank you very much

PS when I do put the headphone in and listen to music it sounds with static really bad and if I get a call I can hear the phone ring but I can't hear the person calling me unless I have the headphone connected 😁😳Please help any suggestions tia
    Last edited by Chula; 07-13-2013 at 02:02 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, you could try your iPhone in safe mode to see if the sound comes back. Though the crackling noise does sound like damp in the headphone socket. Try a single drop of wd40 or alcohol cleaner on your headphone jack and plug it into the headphone socket a few times to help clean its contacts.