Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4s keeps rebooting

Unhappy Iphone 4s keeps rebooting
    Hey guys, so i cracked my screen for my iphone and gave it in for repair at a local store called Buy N Cell in Mississauga, Canada. So i got it fixed and returned and i came home that day to find that my battery was not decreasing or increasing with use and charge. So i decided to reboot the phone and once that happened the battery was showed its actual percentage however the phone then continued to automatically reboot every 5 minutes or so. Ive tried to reboot it myself, to turn it off and on and to also administer a full restore however none of these options fixed the issue. There are 2 modes my phone enters, 1. when the phone reboots or shuts off it reboots itself continuously many times every 3-5 minutes, the battery percentage fluctuates and the phone freezes for half a second every 5 seconds. 2. After about 2-3 hours of this rebooting the phone manages to enter a state where the battery percentage freezes at whatever number it was at during that time and the phone remains on (does not reboot) however i do not know if my battery is at 90% or 10% and also the phone still freezes for half a second every 5 seconds. I find it strange that everything worked perfectly fine before i gave it in for repair and when i got it back it suddenly has an issue this serious. I have taken it back to the store however they say they are not responsible for it as a screen replacement would not have caused this issue. I am helpless and do not know how to fix this issue. They say that its a power chip problem on the motherboard and that they dont fix such complicated procedures...

What can i do to fix this? or do i simply just live with it until i can get a new phone?

thanks for all the help guys!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

There are plenty of things that could have been damaged during the screen replacement. The phone comes apart about 70%-80% of the way during that repair. I'd start by getting the battery replaced. Either do it yourself or take it to a different repair shop. Or go back and make a fuss at the other place. I make it a point to test everything before and after I perform a repair that way I don't run into issues like this with my customers.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    There are plenty of things that could have been damaged during the screen replacement. The phone comes apart about 70%-80% of the way during that repair. I'd start by getting the battery replaced. Either do it yourself or take it to a different repair shop. Or go back and make a fuss at the other place. I make it a point to test everything before and after I perform a repair that way I don't run into issues like this with my customers.
    Thank you for the help!! Ill look into getting the battery replaced, if thats not the cause what are my next options? My friend lent me his old iphone 4..its a degrade but at least i have a phone that works properly for the next year until i can get a new phone

battery connector may even be loose.

If I were you, I'd bring it right back to the shop that screwed it up and tell them to fix it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    battery connector may even be loose.

If I were you, I'd bring it right back to the shop that screwed it up and tell them to fix it.
    Yea... this would be the first thing I'd do. Then if they didn't want to help you out I'd tell them there are about 10 different websites (Yahoo, Google, YellowPages, Yelp, etc) that you can leave bad reviews on.
    iRepair Indy