+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this iPhone 5 focus frame salvageable?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So i bought a focusupply frame online... Brought it to a local so-called expert to put it on my iphone.. Ended up a disaster. Is this frame still usable? It's
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So i bought a focusupply frame online... Brought it to a local so-called expert to put it on my iphone.. Ended up a disaster.

Is this frame still usable? It's missing the top sleep/wake button pin

ImageUploadedByModMyi1371667816.813024.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1371667844.430511.jpg
    (Its also missing the camera lens but i could use my original's..)
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1371667878.430491.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1371667907.730597.jpg

Any help would be appreciate! I really like this frame's color combination (silver and black glass)

Thanks!

Another picture of the topImageUploadedByModMyi1371667975.397246.jpg
    (He apparently tried to glue a pin in or something because looks like he's so unexperienced with the iphone 5 he didnt know the little "pin" that is now lost which came with the frame was for the top..)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol - well as long as you don't mind signal loss from their frames, you should be okay, there's no reason the frame can't be used

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joshmoulton For This Useful Post:

dk2000zx (06-19-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    lol - well as long as you don't mind signal loss from their frames, you should be okay, there's no reason the frame can't be used
    The top part seems to be so "destroyed" lol the whole for the sleep wake button pin is cracked too...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dk2000zx View Post
    The top part seems to be so "destroyed" lol the whole for the sleep wake button pin is cracked too...
    Well I just bought a focus frame and I had the same issue, if the frame isn't cracked where the pin is inserted you can use a metal earring back measure it and clip it off insert and good to go. I had the same issue and I don't know about the signal loss. As far as the frame I received from last week in blue has no signal loss compared it on 4g right next to a factory setup both getting the same signal. So maybe they have it sorted out now?!?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTOM-i'S View Post
    Well I just bought a focus frame and I had the same issue, if the frame isn't cracked where the pin is inserted you can use a metal earring back measure it and clip it off insert and good to go. I had the same issue and I don't know about the signal loss. As far as the frame I received from last week in blue has no signal loss compared it on 4g right next to a factory setup both getting the same signal. So maybe they have it sorted out now?!?!
    The hole for the pin is actually cracked looks like the unprofessional repair guy tried to insert in a screw or something then tried to glue something up (hence the dirty brown thingies around lol))