Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replaced screen and ear speaker on 4s and now no pictures

Default Replaced screen and ear speaker on 4s and now no pictures
    Hi, so I replaced the screen and ear speaker on a iPhone 4S and now the pictures aren't visible I know they are still there because the lock and home screen still show the background pics and when plugged into iTunes it shows on the memory bar that I have storage spaced used up by pictures and videos but I can't see any on the phone is there any way to fix this?

Try performing a hard reset first. If that doesn't work, open the phone up again and reseat the LCD and digitizer cables. It sounds like they are either unplugged or the LCD assembly is bad. Did you test the LCD and digitizer before installing it?

The lcd and digitizer I believe work because I can use the phone and use the apps and every thing else and as for the reset do u mean soft reset (holding down the home and power button)?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

What you described is commonly referred to as a hard reset (holding down the home button and the power button). I would definitely try using a different screen afterwards if the hard reset doesn't work.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Ok I will try that next time I have my hands on the phone because its going to be in l.a for a few months (not that this info isn't appreciated because it sure is) if you guys have any more tips keep them coming please

Thanks

OK. So I think I misunderstood you earlier. Do you mean that your pictures aren't showing up in your library or camera roll?

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

They aren't showing in the camera roll on the phone.

Sorry, I thought you meant that nothing was showing on the screen of the iphone after installing the new part.

Oh no every thing is working I just can't see any pics in the camera roll

Thanks

Ok. I was a bit confused too at first. No big deal. Disappearing pictures is actually an issue that I have seen before. Are you able to see the pictures from a computer?

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

No I can't see the pictures on the computer is there any specific way to force the computer to pick up on the photos from the iphone and show them on the computer?