+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Picture of iPhone stuck in red zone (what can I do to get it working again) iPhone fix?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
For days, on various cables and chargers, my kid's iPhone 3G has been stuck on this low-battery indication: We let the battery sit, so as to die, but upon plugging
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Picture of iPhone stuck in red zone (what can I do to get it working again) iPhone fix?
    For days, on various cables and chargers, my kid's iPhone 3G has been stuck on this low-battery indication:

We let the battery sit, so as to die, but upon plugging it back in, the iPhone 3G still just sits there at this low-battery mark.

Unfortunately, the only working button on the phone is the home button as the top and left buttons fell off long ago.

The reason I post this is to ask if you guys with iPhone experience recognize what kind of state the iPhone 3G is in - and perhaps - you have the experience to suggest ways to get it out of whatever mode it's stuck in?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just curious, are you charging from a computer or a wall? I've seen issues trying to power up and charge a dead phone/iPod from a computer. Not enough power

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    Just curious, are you charging from a computer or a wall?
    Oooops. Sorry for not specifying enough detail. We have tried all three types of charging, computer, car, and wall, with multiple wires, to no avail.

Do you think there's a way to reboot it without that button on the top?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Most likely needs a battery replacement. iPhone 3G and 3GS batteries are wearing out with age and use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbleug22990 View Post
    Most likely needs a battery replacement.
    I had thought of that - but - would a battery all of a sudden just go (I guess it could - car batteries certainly do that).
    I'm wondering if there is some way to reboot the thing without it having a top button?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want to say there are applications, I can't remember if TinyUmbrella does a reboot or not.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Does the button still work? Just because the physical button isn't there anymore doesn't mean the actual button underneath that rubber has malfunctioned. Try using something (butter knife or coin) to press down in the middle of that recess where the button used to be. If that button still works then try a hard reset (lock button + home button until the phone resets). Easy way to tell if the button works is to plug it in and wait for that screen to disappear then activate that button using a coin or butter knife. If the screen pops back up then it works and you can try the reset.

You're most likely going to need a new battery though. That is the first thing i'd replace after trying the hard reset.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!