Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sensor cable replacement (proximity sensor doesn't work)

Default Sensor cable replacement (proximity sensor doesn't work)
    I have been buying sensor cables for iPhone 4's and 4s' from pacifictoy. I know the quality isn't the best but I never have a problem with changing the 4s' sensor cable. The proximity sensor will always work. But when I do CDMA iPhone 4's I can't get the proximity sensor to work, but the lock button and everything else does. Please leave me your suggestions and if anyone else has this problem. Also where should I purchase the lock cables from for around the same price that could solve this problem. Thanks for your time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

You can get them quite a bit cheaper almost anywhere else, especially if you start ordering from china. The proximity sensor issue went rampant a while back. Took forever to work out the kinks through many of my suppliers. Doesn't happen too often anymore but if you switched out the cable you have to remember to transfer the little window that is on the old proximity sensor. They don't usually come with them. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the window right now.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    You can get them quite a bit cheaper almost anywhere else, especially if you start ordering from china. The proximity sensor issue went rampant a while back. Took forever to work out the kinks through many of my suppliers. Doesn't happen too often anymore but if you switched out the cable you have to remember to transfer the little window that is on the old proximity sensor. They don't usually come with them. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the window right now.
    I always put a new "window" on or that sticker that guides the light of the proximity sensor. And I don't normally like dealing with china because of the wait time or shipping costs. But anyways could you give me names of a couple stores you have success with? Thanks!

Default iPhone 4 4S proximity sensor does not work
    Please try below methods.
    If your CDMA iPhone 4 sensor cable does not work, you have to buy some stock of the CDMA sensor cable. No suppliers are willing to test the cable. So, you can buy 5 pcs per time.

When you replace the front LCD Digitizer Screen of iphone 4 or 4S,there is a slight chance you may have dislodged or removed a very small plastic cover and/or a square piece of foam lining over the sensor.The two small stuff are very important to the function of the proximity sensor.Here are 2 effective solutions to solve the iPhone 4 proximity sensor not working problem

1.The first method--blacken the sensor
    iPhone-4-Proximity-sensor-not-working-after-screen-replaced.jpg
    2.The second method--cover the sensor with a black tap
    iPhone-4-Promixity-Sensor-Not-Working.jpg
    Last edited by priorparts; 01-25-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by priorparts View Post
    When you replace the front LCD Digitizer Screen of iphone 4 or 4S,there is a slight chance you may have dislodged or removed a very small plastic cover and/or a square piece of foam lining over the sensor.The two small stuff are very important to the function of the proximity sensor.Here are 2 effective solutions to solve the issue of iPhone 4 4S proximity sensor does not work.

1.The first method--blacken the sensor

2.The second method--cover the sensor with a black tap
    Here is the pictures:
    Attachment 641942
    Attachment 641943
    Attachment 641944
    I actually always put on a replacement of that sticker to be safe so that isn't the problem. The problem is the quality of the CDMA iPhone 4 sensor cables I'm getting. I just need to know who has success with a certain one every time. Thanks!