+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Replacement backs (Diff Colors)

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay.. so here's the story. The other day some young kid, just graduated high school, came into my shop. He asked me if I was interested in buying some parts.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 Replacement backs (Diff Colors)
    Okay.. so here's the story.

The other day some young kid, just graduated high school, came into my shop. He asked me if I was interested in buying some parts. Long story short - I tested all the parts, talk him down on price, and got a killer deal.

After I bought all his parts he then breaks out his iPhone 5. It had a red back on it.. this immediately caught my eye. I asked him about it and he showed me his Instagram account - pics, 25,000+ followers, blah blah blah.. He then brags about making a killing doing the back replacement, which I don't really believe.. I don't see a huge demand for this.. but I may be wrong.

I then started asking him details about the backs. He would not tell me exactly where he was getting them from. However, he did give me some advice. I was told that the ones on eBay, with white lettering on the back, were no good. He was saying something about a signal issue. He was then telling me he has a supplier here in the USA.. again he would not tell me who.

I've been trying to track down the supplier or any kind of clue to the legit, good working, backs. I've found nothing so far.

So my question is this - Has ANYONE done the back replacement? I need to track down the parts.. he did offer to sell me backs for $100 each. So I know the price has to be below that..

I do have a picture of the "good backs". You will notice they do not have the white lettering on the back like eBay replacements backs do.

EDIT: Oh.. and I have no idea if this kid is bsing me on the "signal" issue with ebay backs.

Help me out!

HERES THE PIC null_zps0f087c06.jpg
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 05-19-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I know me, irevival, joshmolton and a few others on here do quite a bit of business when it comes to doing replacement colored backs. As for what the kid said about white lettering and signal issue he is spot on the money. Stay away from those. There are plenty of sites out there selling higher quality backs now. Read through some of the recent threads that have 50+ post to them and you will see all of us talking about the colored backs testing, modding them to work, finding good bad and indifferent backs. Long story short do some research once again most of order from china because we can get lot better deals then US local. Example I can get iPhone 5 backs for about 55 bucks i can get replacement screens for 118 with no trade in thats just the price. I know you talk about having and using only the highest quality, where do you think the people you get your parts from get the parts to sell you? China where they are made. Yes you may have to wait a little bit longer to get the parts but the money you save makes up for that 10 fold. I personally have a US and a China connection bulk orders for me come from china, if I run out or get close and need to pick up just a part or 2 i go to my US people. Its good to have multiple suppliers.

Example back a few years ago with the CDMA iPhone 4 if you needed an audio flex cable you were paying anyone in the US about 100 bucks. I had a china source that still had bunches available i bought 20 of them sucks for 7-8 bucks a piece through 15 on eBay and made ruffly 1300 bucks profit.

But back to the original post, yes there is a market and quite a bit of money to be made with colored iphone 5 backs, you just need to do your research so you get the ones that work and not waste money buying the ones with signal issues and that are crap...

Cowboy
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Agreed- I don't know what he means by white lettering?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I know me, irevival, joshmolton and a few others on here do quite a bit of business when it comes to doing replacement colored backs. As for what the kid said about white lettering and signal issue he is spot on the money. Stay away from those. There are plenty of sites out there selling higher quality backs now. Read through some of the recent threads that have 50+ post to them and you will see all of us talking about the colored backs testing, modding them to work, finding good bad and indifferent backs. Long story short do some research once again most of order from china because we can get lot better deals then US local. Example I can get iPhone 5 backs for about 55 bucks i can get replacement screens for 118 with no trade in thats just the price. I know you talk about having and using only the highest quality, where do you think the people you get your parts from get the parts to sell you? China where they are made. Yes you may have to wait a little bit longer to get the parts but the money you save makes up for that 10 fold. I personally have a US and a China connection bulk orders for me come from china, if I run out or get close and need to pick up just a part or 2 i go to my US people. Its good to have multiple suppliers.

Example back a few years ago with the CDMA iPhone 4 if you needed an audio flex cable you were paying anyone in the US about 100 bucks. I had a china source that still had bunches available i bought 20 of them sucks for 7-8 bucks a piece through 15 on eBay and made ruffly 1300 bucks profit.

But back to the original post, yes there is a market and quite a bit of money to be made with colored iphone 5 backs, you just need to do your research so you get the ones that work and not waste money buying the ones with signal issues and that are crap...

Cowboy
    I read several posts.

I looked at all the websites you posted.. I've dealt with Muchbuy a lot in the past. Not so much anymore.. they were sending me really crappy iPad 2 screens.

Anyways, does PacificToy have the best iPhone 5 backs? Ifixdirect look to have ridiculous prices.
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 05-21-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

Negative. I've only found 1 supplier that has working high copy frames. Only other options is OEM. I'm working with the supplier on fixing a few issues with them before sharing with anyone. It's a company nobody has heard of that's for sure.

Focus is currently processing 40 frames I returned to them. I've tried 5 supplier High copy colors all had same issue.

Thanks

Dang... so no supplier has "good" colored backs?

Well the guy I was talking about is getting them from somewhere.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

Yes, his are OEM. Like I said.. OEM is guaranteed, high copy isn't. You can get OEM from Focus, $138/ea lol

No way in **** I will pay that money for them. I guarantee I know this person, only because a business partner of mine has a proposition with him right now. We'll see.
    Last edited by joshmoulton; 05-21-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks

Where are you getting OEM at? I said he is using colored backs.

He told me he gets just the backs for $47 and the back with components for $78.

Like I said in my original post.. he claims they work 100% and said he's been through several suppliers that didn't work.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post

Like I said in my original post.. he claims they work 100% and said he's been through several suppliers that didn't work.
    I just told you Focus sells OEM colors. Colored backs, high copy or OEM. High copy color I get, work 100%. No other supplier high copy color works 100%. They work like 50% lol

Not to mention, your story has changed. You said he was selling for $100 so you knew he paid less than that, but now you know he pays $47 and with components $78. lol
    Last edited by joshmoulton; 05-21-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    Agreed- I don't know what he means by white lettering?
    He means back with white lettering on the back side like this

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    Not to mention, your story has changed. You said he was selling for $100 so you knew he paid less than that, but now you know he pays $47 and with components $78. lol
    How has it changed? He was going to sell me them for $100.. and I said I knew he was getting them for less than that..

$47 and $78 is definitely less than $100..

Need a calculator?
    iRepair Indy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol this thread is about me.

Thanks

Well hi

Thanks

Lol so it begins.

How has it changed? He was going to sell me them for $100.. and I said I knew he was getting them for less than that..

$47 and $78 is definitely less than $100..

Need a calculator?
    Mines broken. Can never rely on Texas Instruments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpincustomizations View Post
    Lol this thread is about me.
    This you?
    http://instagram.com/kingpincustomizations

Thanks

Lol damn baller. Lambo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    This you?
    Instagram
    Yes sir.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sold the lambo last month, but it nice while I had it. I bought the car for a steal to turn around and flip.

Thanks

Cool google search going along way lol

Thanks

Nice either way. Lol