+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Replacement backs (Diff Colors)

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
True Lamborghini not a kit?
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

True Lamborghini not a kit?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

A friend of mine got one for under $70,000 (just like that) and turned and around and made ridiculous profit.

Nice Lambo's but not the big boy ones.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

Yeah don't believe it was a kit.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've just started doing iPhone 5 back housings and have been using PacificToy. Even though there customer service is absolute crap, I think their iPhone 5 backs are great. I've done a few now and each one has not shown any loss of signal, WiFi or cellular. I did my wife's 5 recently and she is getting exactly the same, sometimes better signal then before but we're in Las Vegas so LTE coverage is really good nearly anywhere you go.

Thanks

LTE is the only thing it affects. I've used their frames too, same issue. WiFi was never an issue for me.

Biggest pet peeve on theirs, the power button door pin wasn't installed before-hand. That pisses me off so bad because they don't fit right half the time. lol

Either way. If they have good working ones now, great. I can't wait to undercut another one of their products when I launch my site.
    Last edited by joshmoulton; 05-21-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks

Never had an issue with wifi always been cellular granted the frame I am using now shows no sign of weaker signal

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    LTE is the only thing it affects. I've used their frames too, same issue. WiFi was never an issue for me.

Biggest pet peeve on theirs, the power button door pin wasn't installed before-hand. That pisses me off so bad because they don't fit right half the time. lol

Either way. If they have good working ones now, great. I can't wait to undercut another one of their products when I launch my site.
    Hmmm, I don't know. I don't know if it has anything to do with being in Vegas but we haven't had any complaints on signal loss. As I said, my wife's phone has actually seen an increase in areas so I can't complain.

I absolutely hate the button thing too. They also haven't been including the "metal circle" that goes on the back of the volume and power buttons themselves. Those things are a pain to get off of the original buttons!

And whenever you're up and running, I'd love to know! I've had it with my suppliers recently and it appears a lot of the "good ones" have started slipping also.

Thanks

None include the discs. I've tried several suppliers none do. My frames will be coming with discs installed on buttons, battery tab installed as well. May offer full buily frames, dock assembly, power flex installed as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

True lambo, I picked her up for 65k in Michigan and sold her for 85,000 to a dealer in Daytona.

Had my mom on joint title for insurance, at 18 my insurance was 643/month

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpincustomizations View Post
    True lambo, I picked her up for 65k in Michigan and sold her for 85,000 to a dealer in Daytona.

Had my mom on joint title for insurance, at 18 my insurance was 643/month
    Haha insurance would rape you I see why single males or millionaires are the only ones who have one

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ooops, sorry. Double posted somehow.

Anyhow, when do you think you'll be up and running?

Thanks

Hopefully will launch after I'm back from vacation. June 10. Gives me time to get my site and everything setup. Been working 60+ hours at my regular job lately so spare time is rare lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Never had an issue with wifi always been cellular granted the frame I am using now shows no sign of weaker signal
    And where did you get your current back?
    iRepair Indy

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

@Kingpincustomizations your instagram pic looks familiar though. Not to be a **** but do you mind taking my picture off and using one of the many nicer ones you've taken (no pun intended). Sorry, that's kind of a pet peeve of mine.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    @Kingpincustomizations your instagram pic looks familiar though. Not to be a **** but do you mind taking my picture off and using one of the many nicer ones you've taken (no pun intended). Sorry, that's kind of a pet peeve of mine.
    Same here. I don't even post tons of custom iPhones on Instagram but he stole one of my black/silver hybrid pics.

Instagram

Thanks

lol..... busted
    iRepair Indy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any photo that is not mine was user submitted to me. I've never taken anyone else's photos. People submit photos to be posted to me all the time, I post ones I like. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, it should really be a compliment. I only pick a few user submitted photos to post if they are worthy..
    Last edited by Kingpincustomizations; 05-23-2013 at 08:36 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't give credit to user submitted photos though?

Thanks for removing the pic by the way. It's nothing personal. I've spent a lot of time taking them.
    Last edited by iRevival; 05-23-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, I don't do shoutouts and I don't tag users. If they want to submit a photo, they can. If I like it, I will post it.. Nobody has ever had a problem with it and I never once claimed any user submitted photos as my own.

I removed all user submitted photos. Like I said, I never meant to to upset anyone and if I did I apologize.
    Last edited by Kingpincustomizations; 05-23-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    Okay.. so here's the story.

The other day some young kid, just graduated high school, came into my shop. He asked me if I was interested in buying some parts. Long story short - I tested all the parts, talk him down on price, and got a killer deal.

After I bought all his parts he then breaks out his iPhone 5. It had a red back on it.. this immediately caught my eye. I asked him about it and he showed me his Instagram account - pics, 25,000+ followers, blah blah blah.. He then brags about making a killing doing the back replacement, which I don't really believe.. I don't see a huge demand for this.. but I may be wrong.

I then started asking him details about the backs. He would not tell me exactly where he was getting them from. However, he did give me some advice. I was told that the ones on eBay, with white lettering on the back, were no good. He was saying something about a signal issue. He was then telling me he has a supplier here in the USA.. again he would not tell me who.

I've been trying to track down the supplier or any kind of clue to the legit, good working, backs. I've found nothing so far.

So my question is this - Has ANYONE done the back replacement? I need to track down the parts.. he did offer to sell me backs for $100 each. So I know the price has to be below that..

I do have a picture of the "good backs". You will notice they do not have the white lettering on the back like eBay replacements backs do.

EDIT: Oh.. and I have no idea if this kid is bsing me on the "signal" issue with ebay backs.

Help me out!

HERES THE PIC Attachment 638952
    Where are these from and what eBay user ?