+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Resoldering iPhone 4 Battery Connector?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys i have a 4 that i was trying to jailbreak today. When i installed custom screens, it did not come with a home button so i turned on
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Resoldering iPhone 4 Battery Connector?
    hey guys i have a 4 that i was trying to jailbreak today. When i installed custom screens, it did not come with a home button so i turned on assistive touch and have been using that. The problem here is that today i tried to jailbreak using the newest version of redsnow and using the dfu ipsw option, since i cant physically enter dfu mode. at first it wasnt working and i was getting errors so i decided to start over and just put the normal 6.13 firmware back on and then try again. Problem is that halfway through the restoring process i was playing around on redsnow, and apparently most of the things you click on will automatically shut down itunes. biggest problem is that it was halfway through a restore. Now, my phone wont turn on through wall outlet, computer, itunes wont recognize it, computer wont recognize usb is plugged in, and redsnow wont recognize it aswell as tinyumbrella. I cant enter dfu mode because i dont have a home button and my warranty has long been gone. Is there any way i can get my phone to turn on or enter recovery or dfu, or is my best bet to order a home button from china, take my phone apart and then try to physically enter dfu mode? ANY HELP will be appreciated here so any ideas you have, let me know. Thank you in advance

also, my dad won't make me an admin, so if i need to install anything i'd have to wait until he gets home

another edit, apparently this site says there is no jailbreak out for my phone to begin with, so the main point of this article should focus on how to get my phone back to working rather than jb'ing it
    Last edited by Zak325; 05-12-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

Well, if the phone isn't charging even with a known good wall charger and cord, plus it's not even showing up (in DFU mode) on your computer's USB... well, you can try grabbing a home button from China and going that route (re-entering DFU mode), but I'm wondering if your dock connector or battery are shot as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Zak325 (05-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive tried more than one usb cable and the battery has been working just fine and its even been charging all night, I think ill just order a home button and then try to physically put my phone in dfu mode, otherwise i dont know what to do

im just hoping that since itunes was closed during a restore, i can still physically put my phone into dfu
    Last edited by Zak325; 05-13-2013 at 04:46 AM.

Thanks

So the phone is responding to a wall charger now? In that case, I think you should be able to enter DFU again, either via a DFU-only IPSW, or with the help of a new home button. Now getting it to respond to a USB device may be trickier, you may have to pull the battery out of the phone for sixty seconds or so to clear the phone's bad NAND driver... or just get the home button.

Green Apple
    Thanks

no i had the phone plugged in, still unresponsive. Phones in pieces right now, awaiting the home button. That brings me to the next problem. When i was unplugging the battery, i didnt seperate the connectors, it just ripped off in 1 big piece. What should i do about that

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

In most cases removing battery and putting it back will put iphone into recovery mode ( ITunes Cable logo screen ) so you can restore through iTunes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Zak325 (05-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

well there is no place to plug the battery into, because the part you plug it into came off the motherboard. how do i get it back on

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zak325 View Post
    well there is no place to plug the battery into, because the part you plug it into came off the motherboard. how do i get it back on
    You broke the connector off of the actual board?

Long story short, you're now probably sunk. I don't even know if that connector can be soldered back onto the board... which means we're talking a new logic board at the least. Good luck finding one of those...

Green Apple
    Thanks

i read some places it was an easy fix, My Battery Connector is Broken - iPhone 4 - iFixit
    i was just wondering if any of you guys knew how to do it firsthand

Thanks

i read some places it was an easy fix, My Battery Connector is Broken - iPhone 4 - iFixit
    i was just wondering if any of you guys knew how to do it firsthand
    Hmm, I learned something today, apparently.

I'm going to move this thread over to Hardware, as they're the experts (and you've now surpassed my level of expertise in the hardware repairs department).

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok, well anyone in hardware know how to re-solder a battery connector

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you can't get any help here, try to ask this question at gsmhosting.com. Tons of techies over there doing lots of soldering/reballing .... etc. I'm sure they can help. Good luck...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgaloi For This Useful Post:

Zak325 (05-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

bump, my home button will be getting here any day now. has anyone using silver based epoxy and do you think that'd work?

Thanks
    Not good.
    I can do it if you want

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkeye For This Useful Post:

Zak325 (05-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

what would be the best approach, resoldering?

Green Apple
    Thanks

k battery connector is resolderd, all 4 prongs on the battery connector seem to have a secure connection that was tested. When my home button arrives ill update

Thanks
    take a pic of the board and post it here

k battery connector is resolderd, all 4 prongs on the battery connector seem to have a secure connection that was tested. When my home button arrives ill update
    lol just saw this

Green Apple
    Thanks

everythings together, it was in a recovery loop, now all i get is 3194, i changed the hosts file, any ideas?

also, please redirect this to the software area please

other things - i did not save shsh at all, sometimes greenpoison will try and reboot and send bunches of code down my screen and restart (when im using tinyumbrella) and im running 6.1.3. Please help because i honestly do not know what to do. I havent actually been jb so cydia doesnt have my shsh. ive tried restoring through itunes with 5.11 6.01 and 6.13. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by Zak325; 05-20-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks

everythings together, it was in a recovery loop, now all i get is 3194, i changed the hosts file, any ideas?
    That error almost always signifies missing SHSH blobs. If you're restoring to 6.1.3, make sure that you've got no entries for gs.apple.com in the hosts file (as in, you're communicating straight with Apple for the restore, and not using TinyUmbrella or Cydia's caching server).

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes, i never backed up my shsh's before doing anything. Is there a possibility they'd be on my computer? in my host i hashtagged the apple entry and also created another one. and is it possible to use tinyumbrella without the shsh's?

if this helps or not - i did do a backup of my phone through itunes before i did anything
    Last edited by Zak325; 05-20-2013 at 04:28 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-12-2013, 09:19 PM
  2. 05-12-2013, 08:56 PM