Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 black screen once every other day

Default iphone 4 black screen once every other day
    I have an iphone 4 and my screen goes black but the phone still works while the screen is blacked out. I hold down the 2 buttons it restarts like normal and it works again. I have read like 20 thread where people had this problem but the solution is always hold down the home and other button and restart but noone explains what is causing it. I dont want to dish out any more money to the repair shops. I am willing to do my own repairs but dont know whats wrong. Any ideas? Also, the brightness on/off and slider in setting doesn't work at all. The screen stays bright. Dont know if that is related. Also I cant restore because it will upgrate to 6.1.3 and I will loose my jailbreak but I have resorted from backup

Thanks
    Last edited by rah10; 04-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Since you have an iPhone 4, you can use iFaith to save the current SHSH. This way, you can restore to this version ... just a thought... 8-))

Free Themes - wallpaper - Tips - Apps - iphone shelf wallpaper iphone

Maybe iphone menstrual cycle

iPhone? More like MyPhone eliaskok's Avatar
    Thanks

i had the same problem with an iphone 4 but i managed to fix it with holding the two buttons. did you managed to fix it or not yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

I would suggest checking all your ribbons are securely in place and seated correctly, after that if it continues to occur do a restore, but setup as a new phone as there can be issues with backups that cause problems.
    For anything SB-HTML or Themeing based help feel free to MSG me!