Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Cameras & Recording Devices - Can this be done???

Default iPhone Cameras & Recording Devices - Can this be done???
    I'm no engineer and I don't understand electrical components but I had an idea and I was curious to see if it could be done. Would there be any way I could connect multiple iPhone cameras to a video recording device with multiple inputs. So picture a security camera system, but using the iPhones camera instead of those bulky cams that the system comes with. I know there are already cameras that are very small that come with those packages, but they are not small enough, and they cost a lot of money, whereas an iPhone camera only costs 20 bucks, and hopefully with some modification can be connected to a recording device. I would be looking to use the iPhone 5's camera, and flash is not necessary. I'm sorry I cannot say why I want to do this, I don't want to give my idea away just yet. But I'm sure this is a simple enough question to answer for someone who has experience.

Thanks

No.

Yep. Definitely not.

You may want to ask this question on gsmhosting.com forum. They have tons of experience hardware techies there. About 2-3 years ago, there was a thread with a bunch of folks tried to do something similar.... I had no interest in what they were doing, so I didn't follow the thread. Good luck

U can write the interface lol