+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Mirror Colour Conversion Signal Issues

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just found this website. The mods on here look absolutely sick, especially the mirror conversions. I myself have been having a go at customising iPhones for extra cash. Problem is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone Mirror Colour Conversion Signal Issues
    Just found this website. The mods on here look absolutely sick, especially the mirror conversions.

I myself have been having a go at customising iPhones for extra cash. Problem is the mirror ones I have bought seem to cause signal issues for the 4 & 4S.

I believe it has something to do with the type of paint they use in the manufacturing process. But I don't have a clue how I would get around this. Does anyone have a fix for these?

Also, I bought some coloured midframe's. I read that these can also cause issues with signal. If anyone has any solutions that would be grand!

Cheers,

Luke.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I've found the signal issues with the frames are worse on the 4S than the 4. Usually taking the screws out and putting them back in a few times generally increases signal strength for me. As for the mirror kits I believe they use a type of foil for some of the kits. These are the kits that generally cause the signal issues. I've only heard of it happening a few times on the colored ones, but much more so on the gold mirror kits. For some reason I've heard those are terrible with reception issues. I've never personally had any issues with them.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iRevival For This Useful Post:

LukeB1990 (03-25-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying. Yeah I noticed the problem with the gold mirror conversion on the 4S. In the future I'll stay away from them.

Do you have any recommendations for reducing the signal issues for the electroplated coloured middle bezels?