Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 5 replace glass

Thanks
    Nice work. Has your store lowered their prices yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenus View Post
    Nice work. Has your store lowered their prices yet?
    Probably next week!

What would you say the time frame is between removing old glass and getting the new glass on and secured.
    We taking an hour , 30 mins???
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    What would you say the time frame is between removing old glass and getting the new glass on and secured.
    We taking an hour , 30 mins???
    Start to finish depending on how cracked the glass is I'd say it shouldn't take more than 45 mins. Maybe less. I'll have to time it. 30-45.

Basically what were going to be doing is we will have assemblies on hand like right now we have 4 each color. So when a customer comes in we give them that one and take theirs to refurb later. That way the customer isn't waiting around for their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    Start to finish depending on how cracked the glass is I'd say it shouldn't take more than 45 mins. Maybe less. I'll have to time it. 30-45.

Basically what were going to be doing is we will have assemblies on hand like right now we have 4 each color. So when a customer comes in we give them that one and take theirs to refurb later. That way the customer isn't waiting around for their phone.
    Sounds like a smart plan to me.

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Using the ******* method to separate the glass only takes 5-6 minutes.
    Last edited by Kelenus; 04-30-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Using the wire method to separate the glass only takes 5-6 minutes. Are you still taking the glass off piece by piece?
    I'll I have done is broken iPhone 4 and 4S screens. Quickest I have removed the glass is about 20 mins. Haven't tried the wire method yet my give that a go soon tho.

Thanks
    Has anyone done any ipad mini glass repairs?

Thanks
    Btw B-roll, you might think of considering charging money for that video you plan on putting up. That information is pretty useful

Btw B-roll, you might think of considering charging money for that video you plan on putting up. That information is pretty useful
    I'm taking it down soon. We are doing iPhone 5 for 179 right now until we can get back up to speed as far as recouping all our r&d costs which shouldn't take too long. Theres a competitor saying they're gonna be doing it for 150 so once that happens we will drop down. I'm curious as to how they're gonna do it.

Apparently there's some place in Atlanta teaching people how to do this. Its $500 or some ****.

Thanks
    Yeah, I've seen a few places advertise training too. I've gotta go back and censor any helpful post. We're you able to guy any used iPhone 5 LCDs?

I saw in one of wathana parks recent videos. He said that removing film that polarized film can damage the LCD . Has anyone found this ? Because when removing the glass that film scratches pretty easily .

Thanks
    You dont remove the film

That film is the polarizer. If you remove it you will get ghosting.

So question since the iPhone 5 has a metal backing does gluing the LCD really need to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    So question since the iPhone 5 has a metal backing does gluing the LCD really need to happen?
    I have a LCD on my phone that I recovered. I also have the front glass on with no adhesive holding them together . Works great but we will see if dust gets in

Dust will get in and if you don't have it adhered to the glass, you will notice a watermark type of discrepancy on the screen. For a quick solution that would work but if you're working on customers' phones, that won't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    Dust will get in and if you don't have it adhered to the glass, you will notice a watermark type of discrepancy on the screen. For a quick solution that would work but if you're working on customers' phones, that won't fly.
    It was more or less just a question. Thought it might be alot like the 3G or 3GS but they has a small gasket that went around to prevent dust from getting under.

I wish! Would make this process a little easier. So now that we've got this down, if anyone wants us to refurb their broken screens, lemme know. Is that forbidden to say in this forum? If so, feel free to edit.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast