Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 5 replace glass

Thanks
    Looks like a lot of progress has developed since I've last been on. Great job b-roll for finding this video. Anyone of you guys have any success with this?

I was thinking that if this works to just buy 5 iPhone 5 assemblies of each color and doing this repair for the swapped out broken glass and just not offer glass only repair. Seems pretty easy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure there is a ton of independent progress being made between some of the braver members here. I know I've had a lot of progress myself. I even went ahead and broke my iPhone 5 screen last friday night (it was a bad week for my iPhones last week). I've got new glass sheets that I ordered and I've got every color I've seen offered on its way to me now. The only thing I am trying to track down is an adhesive. Supposedly that guy on youtube has his own formula (even says it can be diluted, although I'd probably proceed with caution on that one.) I've found a manufacturer in the US who makes a similar adhesive that I'm waiting to get shipped (hopefully it goes out tomorrow morning. The adhesive is a bit pricey, but depending on how many screens we can do with, say, .5 ounces, it is obviously beneficial to us repair guys and shop owners to at least take a look into it.

Another nice thing is it seems the price on the assemblies is dropping. I've had at least half a dozen suppliers email me over the past 2 days with price drops on them. Still too expensive to stock though.

If the process becomes a "second nature" type of deal then I'll probably order 3-5 of each color assembly and take a small hit on each one to get people to buy the repair (people are cheap in my area haha, although I don't want to spend over $200 to fix my screen either lol). After I get a few working LCD's it should be smooth sailing from there. Just keep reusing the same ones over and over.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Yeah, we actually ordered this guy's kit. We are still looking for a good UV adhesive in the US. Any tips are appreciated. Basically what we will do is we will stock 5 of each iPhone 5 assembly. We will charge a cheaper price to do the repair and then "refurbish" the assembly later. This way, the customer doesn't wait and we aren't pressed for time and can take our time on doing the repair properly.

We're 90% there but this adhesive will put us 100% there.

Thanks

I'm supposed to get my order from the US company on Wednesday. The guy from eBay hasn't even shipped my order out yet. I guess I have to wait until after the 20th. I've also got a UV Curing lamp on the way. As soon as everything is here I'm getting straight to business. Haven't ordered any assemblies yet because I want to make sure the process is smooth before I sink money into them.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    I'm supposed to get my order from the US company on Wednesday. The guy from eBay hasn't even shipped my order out yet. I guess I have to wait until after the 20th. I've also got a UV Curing lamp on the way. As soon as everything is here I'm getting straight to business. Haven't ordered any assemblies yet because I want to make sure the process is smooth before I sink money into them.
    Smartest way to do it. I bought a broke screen and ordered some UV glue tonight guess ill see how it goes when it comes in.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I'm still thinking about buying a few but even those are expensive lol

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Found my broken one for 65 shipped off eBay

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Yeah there are a few there that I'm watching. Just sent another guy who's listing isn't there anymore an email too.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Someone gimme the scoop on where to get this glue yo!

Just put in an order for i5 assemblies to get this process started.

Thanks
    I plan on doing the same, having 5 of each. Sucks though that we have to wait until close to the end of the month to refurbish any broken ones

Thanks
    Last edited by Kelenus; 04-30-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks

The problem with those is they are universal adhesives. They aren't made specifically for their optical properties. Now I don't quite know everything about what I'm talking about but the stuff I have coming in tomorrow is made specifically to bond things together and be completely see through. It's $45 per ounce (it gets cheaper the more you order) but it also goes bad after around 4 months. So unless you are doing a ton of these youll have to order small amounts at a time. Even at $45 an ounce, if we could get 10 screens refurbished out of that we'd be spending a max of $20 per iPhone 5 screen repair. That's a nice price and we could charge pretty much anything because the normal assemblies are so expensive.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

check this:
    Loctite® Liquid Optically Clear Adhesives - HenkelHenkel
    i suppose apple using them.
    If someone could order a small amount and send it to me for test, i will be so gratefull.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Without the autoclave it will have air bubbles. Also, you need a clean room or else dust will get trapped inside the LCD. Unless you're planning to do this as a full time business, leave it to the refurbishers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baremods View Post
    Without the autoclave it will have air bubbles. Also, you need a clean room or else dust will get trapped inside the LCD. Unless you're planning to do this as a full time business, leave it to the refurbishers.
    Nothing wrong with trying. If it doesn't work I'm out $50. But if it does then I can save myself and my customers a ton of money. Definitely not going to splurge for an $800 piece of equipment though.

So unless you can get the screens cheaper than $188 shipped (which you advertise your business on here enough) then I'm still going to try it.
    Last edited by iRevival; 04-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Of course on the iPhone 5 it's always worth a try as expensive as they are. As long as you get do it in a fairly dust-free environment and try to get the air bubbles out the best you can, it may work.

I love know-it-alls. That's twice in 2 threads now. Continuing on...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone tried yet?

I am 0-2 on iPhone 4 screens going to be trying an iPhone 5 in a week

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast