+ Reply
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 5 replace glass

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
How many watts are the uv chambers you're using ? And is there such thing as curing it too much ?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

How many watts are the uv chambers you're using ? And is there such thing as curing it too much ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Literally joined this site just for this thread. I will contribute as much as I can to this topic. We also just started doing iPhone 5 Glass only repairs and are working on perfecting it. I will post pics soon, currently waiting on some stuff from China

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Haha welcome
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Still working out some kinks. I thought it was perfect but it can always be better. It was brought to my attention recently that some of the screens I've been refurbing have browning at the top.

I've already worked on a fix all day and will report back with the findings. If they turn out to be exactly as I thought, I will share with the rest of you. Right now it's just speculation but I believe it's due to the thin metal plate at the top of the LCD that is part of the lcd/digi connector. In fact, I'm 99% positive it's due to that.

Thanks

It's been awhile since I've been here.. looks to be a little more active now.

We are slowly, but surely, starting to get into iPhone 5 repairs. We will be experimenting sometime next week with the glass removal.

As of right now.. I can get the OEM screens for $179. I have a guy who buys all my broken screens. He gives $60-$80 for the broken iPhone 5 assemblies. So that's 179-60 = $119 for a screen. I then charge $180 for the repair. Basically I make $61 for the repair.

The guy who buys my screens schedules pickup and pays for shipping.

For now I'm sticking with using OEM replacements. I like my repairs to be 100% perfect.. so until I perfect the art of removing glass it's staying as is :-/
    iRepair Indy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    It's been awhile since I've been here.. looks to be a little more active now.

We are slowly, but surely, starting to get into iPhone 5 repairs. We will be experimenting sometime next week with the glass removal.

As of right now.. I can get the OEM screens for $179. I have a guy who buys all my broken screens. He gives $60-$80 for the broken iPhone 5 assemblies. So that's 179-60 = $119 for a screen. I then charge $180 for the repair. Basically I make $61 for the repair.

The guy who buys my screens schedules pickup and pays for shipping.

For now I'm sticking with using OEM replacements. I like my repairs to be 100% perfect.. so until I perfect the art of removing glass it's staying as is :-/

They now sell iPhone 5 assemblies with copy glass, which are cheaper.

Thanks

Yea, I know.. but the problem is I don't want to mess around with stuff from China.

The website I get mine from has really good customer service.
    iRepair Indy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll guess all the screens come from China anyway ;-)

Are the prices for glass going downwards? I find many OEM glass assemblies on ebay from 133-160 USD. The descriptions states original oem. 2 weeks ago most of them did cost 180USD, and now many sells them alot cheaper..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    I would love to try it, use an iron, some dandy good super thin heat resistant string, some glue stuff and a pressure cooker. If it gets pulled off, it would be cool, but wherecan one work dust free? Not in MY livingroom! I've got a fireplace and three kids. Anybody know what can be used as the string? Will fishingline and a hairdryer work?
    Throw me a bone here, and let's see where this goes.
    Yes, i am trying to think outside the box.
    Fishing line would just break on the shards of glass you need a special monofilament
    Got a problem ModMyi can't help with ? ie Hardware trouble then check us out Mobile Phone Repairs UK

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everyone. I too joined because of this thread. I just spent an hr trying to remove the glue from an iPhone 5 using rubbing alc and googone. I used a q-tip to apply and microfiber cloth to avoid seepage and damaging the screen, but still got a few scratches from I guess small shards of glass still on the screen. Anyone have any tips of cutting the time to remove glue down to under 20 mins?

Thanks
    Pretty simple, gotta use heat and string. That process takes like 10 minutes. Once you have that done, just use alcohol and let it sit for a little bit. After that, use a razor to scrap the glue off. The first time will probably take 45mins to an hour but with practice you should be able to get down to about 20 minutes for the whole process.

Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzed41 View Post
    Hey everyone. I too joined because of this thread. I just spent an hr trying to remove the glue from an iPhone 5 using rubbing alc and googone. I used a q-tip to apply and microfiber cloth to avoid seepage and damaging the screen, but still got a few scratches from I guess small shards of glass still on the screen. Anyone have any tips of cutting the time to remove glue down to under 20 mins?
    you can buy a machine with a hot plate for $500 if you are going be doing lots of these and then it has the templates that come with it so you can remove easily
    Got a problem ModMyi can't help with ? ie Hardware trouble then check us out Mobile Phone Repairs UK

Thanks
    $500? Only ones I've seen range from $1500-$1900

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenus View Post
    $500? Only ones I've seen range from $1500-$1900
    Try Alibaba its only the plate and mouldings for iPhone 5 and S3 and you have to do the process manually (ie with the special wire) some of them have an auto stripper lol them guys in China don't half make some wacky stuff lol

Powerful&500w&60hz Panel Separator To Replace Lcd Touch Panel Digitizer Glass,Touch Screen Replacement For Iphones - Buy Panel Separator,Touch Panel Separator,Digital Color Separation Machine Product on Alibaba.com

Thats the auto one that costs $3000

Simple Separator Lcd Remove Equipment Remover Machine For Used Cover Glass Touch Panel Digitzer For Iphone And Sumsung And Htc - Buy Lcd Remove Equipment,Separator,Touch Screen Replacement Product on Alibaba.com

Thats the cheap one
    Last edited by gloopy; 05-23-2013 at 10:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pretty simple, gotta use heat and string. That process takes like 10 minutes. Once you have that done, just use alcohol and let it sit for a little bit. After that, use a razor to scrap the glue off. The first time will probably take 45mins to an hour but with practice you should be able to get down to about 20 minutes for the whole process.

Good luck
    Thanks Kelenus.I thought you couldn't use a razor for iphone 5 screens since they have the polarizing film under the glue? The glue is the biggest pain for me atm.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

You can buy the polarized film for about 2 bucks a sheet
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzed41 View Post
    Thanks Kelenus.I thought you couldn't use a razor for iphone 5 screens since they have the polarizing film under the glue? The glue is the biggest pain for me atm.
    yeah, just be careful when using a razor. I was being very vague with the process, but once you start doing it, you'll start picking up little tricks to make the process much easier, safer, and faster.

you can buy the film? sheesh what aren't they able to sell now. Now if they could only make that adhesive into a sheet instead of a liquid glue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah, just be careful when using a razor. I was being very vague with the process, but once you start doing it, you'll start picking up little tricks to make the process much easier, safer, and faster.

you can buy the film? sheesh what aren't they able to sell now. Now if they could only make that adhesive into a sheet instead of a liquid glue
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the assist. Wish I had 13k for the rigid to rigid lol, but LOCA all the way right now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A little off topic but anyone know a good, reliable supplier from Alibaba? With GOOD quality parts, none of that no mesh on the earpiece slot >:/ I buy them locally here but I want to order in bulk and the store of course won't tell me who their supplier is :/

Thanks
    Tx electronic is my fav