+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-building my iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys long time lurker here, basically after a heavy night on Friday after slamming the car door TWICE on my jacket pocket currently my phone looks like this: sexy
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Re-building my iPhone 4
    Hi guys long time lurker here,

basically after a heavy night on Friday after slamming the car door TWICE on my jacket pocket currently my phone looks like this:

sexy right.

Now it gives me an excuse to try and modify my phone. I've got a few questions:

How difficult is it to swap the contents of the original mid-frame to a new mid frame, I'm looking at buying a black one.

Also am I best getting an LCD that is used and titled original and genuine for a better guarantee that it will actually be genuine unlike others that claim to be original and genuine at the same price brand new.

Cheers guys
    Last edited by Razorlight123; 01-19-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I can't answer the midframe question, as I usually don't tinker with that part, but about the LCD...I think I'm understanding the question. You're wanting to buy a used OEM lcd replacement? It depends on where you buy from...I'd be careful about getting them used as you said it might not be genuine. Personally, I'd just buy it new. If I didn't answer that properly, sorry, just let me know lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think my question was clear but you were able to answer. I've amended the op.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ah ok I see what you mean now. Well then my answer changes a little, if you're considering price. What is your price range anyway and where are you searching to buy? If it's on sites like Amazon or eBay I'd be very careful. A lot of people claim things to be "genuine" but really are not but just grade A. Some aren't even grade A...which would really just be unlucky for you to buy.

If you bought off of sites with good reputation then you can definitely feel confident in your purchase but of course they tend to be pricier than buying off Amazon or eBay. It's just a risk though. Somebody selling something used for the same price as somebody selling it new, well 1) you don't know if the new unit is genuine and 2) the person selling it used could just be really bad at pricing. Just a combination of things you have to think about.

Let me know what your price range is, maybe I can find something for you if it fits my own expectations of an OEM LCD.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As far as swapping the contents in the mid frame, just make sure you are very careful. it's not too hard if you take your time. The one thing to remember is DON'T FORCE ANYTHING. if something isn't coming out or doesn't look right, do some research or watch some videos before you start tugging .

****note: when buying your mid frame make sure it is PLATED , not painted. If it's painted, the colour will shed off.

I get my parts from either smartphone-parts.com or focusupply.com. for the LCD make sure it's original retina (made by LG/SHARP) and you should b good .

Good luck !