Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Screen replacement issue

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Default Screen replacement issue
    Anybody saw this problem before? Would it be a faulty lcd? http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10y2hed&s=6

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    No service? Reset Network settings or restore..

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    No service? Reset Network settings or restore..
    No the lines in the lcd..

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    lol thought that was a reflection. Wow.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    lol thought that was a reflection. Wow.
    No thats on tbe actual screen:/

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Yeah that's messed up.

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 72 Times in 33 Posts

    That looks like the lines cut in the mid-plate. Almost like you can see straight through the LCD. Was there a backing on the replacement screen like a silver metallic sheet?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by j.dstasio View Post
    That looks like the lines cut in the mid-plate. Almost like you can see straight through the LCD. Was there a backing on the replacement screen like a silver metallic sheet?
    I cant really remember if im honest, would that cause this type of problem though? Ive emailed the person who sent me it asking for a replacement screen anway so hopefully he replaces it

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts

    You're definitely missing the reflective sheet on the back of the LCD
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

    iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    You're definitely missing the reflective sheet on the back of the LCD
    Do i need to buy a new screen or is there an easier solution?

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts

    It probably came off when you removed the plastic sheet off the back before installing. If you still have that you might be able to just stick it back on the back of the screen. Ill upload a pic in a few minutes.

    Edit:
    This is probably what your screen looked like when it came in without the black tape on the sides):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368594.465012.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	619145

    That red sheet may have also been a clear blue or a white paper. (I couldn't find the white paper type laying around haha.):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368680.210648.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	619148

    When you peeled it off, the back of the screen should have looked like this (shameless custom iPhone 5 plug in the reflection would not have been there ):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368657.826226.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	619146

    But it looks like that came off when you took that protective sheet off. Causing your screen to look like this on the back:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368670.393358.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	619147

    Sometimes they ship those with a lot of glue on there and if you aren't careful then you can take the reflective sheet with the protective plastic. You should be able to fix that issue by putting that reflective sheet back onto the screen. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by iRevival; 01-16-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

    iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

  12. #12
    Would i be able to buy just the reflective screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    It probably came off when you removed the plastic sheet off the back before installing. If you still have that you might be able to just stick it back on the back of the screen. Ill upload a pic in a few minutes.

    Edit:
    This is probably what your screen looked like when it came in without the black tape on the sides):



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368594.465012.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	619145

    That red sheet may have also been a clear blue or a white paper. (I couldn't find the white paper type laying around haha.):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368680.210648.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	619148


    When you peeled it off, the back of the screen should have looked like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368657.826226.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	619146

    But it looks like that came off when you took that protective sheet off. Causing your screen to look like this on the back:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1358368670.393358.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	619147

    Sometimes they ship those with a lot of glue on there and if you aren't careful then you can take the reflective sheet with the protective plastic. You should be able to fix that issue by putting that reflective sheet back onto the screen. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Is it possible to buy the reflective screen? Thanks for your help

  13. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts

    I've never seen them. Check your PM's.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

    iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •