+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G and Wifi problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Everyone, I have an iPhone 3G which is jailbroken. It has been working fine for sometime but in last few days, I have been unable to connect any wifi
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G and Wifi problem
    Hi Everyone,

I have an iPhone 3G which is jailbroken. It has been working fine for sometime but in last few days, I have been unable to connect any wifi access point. Here are details about my phone:

iPhone 3G
    version: 4.2.1 (8C148)
    Model: MB635C
    Modem Firmware: 06.15.00

I can see all access points but it will not connect to any of them. I have reset it few times using both settings:

Reset All Settings
    Erase All Content and Settings
    Reset Network Settings

I am not sure if this is hardware or software problem. I have also restored using iTunes but still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a reason you're running the 06.15.00 bb? If you can, I'd downgrade it it to 05.13.04 since that bb is actually meant for the iPhone 3G and not the iPad like the one you are currently on. Here's a link to some info:

http://www.iphoneheat.com/2012/06/do...nlock-fix-gps/

I do know people who have had issues with that bb on their iPhones so I guess it's worth a try. It is an unlock able bb too so you shouldn't have any issues jail breaking and unlocking if you need to.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi iRevival,

After following those above instructions, I was able to downgrade to 05.13.04 bb but it still does not connect to any wifi.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Is it greyed out or just not picking up wifi??.. Will it pick up wifi if stood next to router?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Lurchy,

It does see all of the access points but just won't connect to any of them. I have tried 5 different ones.

Thanks

That is strange i had one where it would only see the wireless network if you stood next to it.. Replaced the antenna and it was fine.. I also jailbroke one last week and after downgrading the baseband wifi was greyed out and turned out with redsn0w you have to downgrade twice for it to work.. There is also the wifi chip solder problem when it needs the chip reballing but usually the wifi is greyed out with that issue.. Can get a problem with bluetooth aswell with the chip issue.. I know everyone says this but have you tried a restore

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lurchy For This Useful Post:

music5_5 (01-28-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Lurchy. A full restore would be my next step.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iRevival For This Useful Post:

music5_5 (01-28-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are talking about full restore using phone itself then yes I have done that a while ago. I did restore using iTunes as well but that did not help either. Over the weekend, I went thru jailbreaking process (and downgrading the bb to 5.13 or something to similar version) again but could not unlock because of wifi problem.

I can go ahead and restore again if that may fix the problem. There are few options within phone which one do i choose or should I restore using iTunes? If iTunes then which version of iTunes?

Thanks,

Thanks

I recently downgrade a bb on a 3g and found that i had to do it twice but mine the wifi was greyed out so seems different.. But its seems redsnow wiped the bb with the first downgrade then the 2nd time it install the 05.13.. Im afraid im all out of ideas if youve restored already (to stock 4.2.1) any version of itunes should do it but u may get the 1015 error due to the baseband not matching the 4.2.1ios but thats easy fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So if want 6.15 bb on iphone 3g then I have to go thru jailbreaking process again to get that bb back, right? Once I have iOS4.2.1 with 6.15 bb then restore using iTunes, right?

Once it is restored with iTunes then test wifi connection to see if it is fixed or should i jailbreak the phone first and then downgrade bb twice?

Thanks

Id restore to stock which will give you 4.2.1 and i think 05.15 or 05.17 baseband see if wifi is ok.. Then to unlock you would jailbreak and update to 06.15 and them jailbreak and downgrade to 05.13 which is always better than 06.15.. 06.15 was just to help people out that had lost their unlock but you lose gps and some other functionality.. So always best to downgrade from 06.15

I not saying for defo it will work its just what i would do.. Failing that i would probly replace the antenna next even tho your see wifi points just to see if theres a problem with it as they cost about 5 quid on ebay
    Last edited by Lurchy; 01-28-2013 at 01:05 PM.