+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 led light mod?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Has the led mod for the back plate mod been deemed safe yet? Do you know of a place to buy this mod cheaply? I can't justify paying over 25$
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 led light mod?
    Has the led mod for the back plate mod been deemed safe yet? Do you know of a place to buy this mod cheaply? I can't justify paying over 25$ for an led and some colored tape . Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't waste your money.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Don't waste your money.
    So there aren't any cost effective retailers that sell a product that works? More details please . Thanks.

Thanks

They all work, they are all also poor quality. While most of them have the actual glass backs now, none of them are designed with the actual light in mind. It adds a piece of hardware to the inside of the phone. Without compensating for that added thickness there is a huge gap up at the top that is very unappealing and let's all kinds of dirt and grime inside. If you try to put it in a case after that to push the glass back together then you're going to break it. The only way to get them under $25 a kit would be to make a wholesale order on them where you would pay less than $25 per piece. Would probably have to order at least 10+ to get that. Not to mention they are a pain in the *** to install and if it isn't perfectly installed its going to stop working after a drop or two. Then you'll have to open it back up and fix the connection. Not to mention the heavy battery draining issues and possibilities of installing incorrectly, they are just a headache not worth creating. In my opinion anyway.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    They all work, they are all also poor quality. While most of them have the actual glass backs now, none of them are designed with the actual light in mind. It adds a piece of hardware to the inside of the phone. Without compensating for that added thickness there is a huge gap up at the top that is very unappealing and let's all kinds of dirt and grime inside. If you try to put it in a case after that to push the glass back together then you're going to break it. The only way to get them under $25 a kit would be to make a wholesale order on them where you would pay less than $25 per piece. Would probably have to order at least 10+ to get that. Not to mention they are a pain in the *** to install and if it isn't perfectly installed its going to stop working after a drop or two. Then you'll have to open it back up and fix the connection. Not to mention the heavy battery draining issues and possibilities of installing incorrectly, they are just a headache not worth creating. In my opinion anyway.
    Okay thanks for the advice. This particular one from ada looked pretty polished:
    iPhone Light Mod – Illuminate your Apple! adafruit industries blog

I was hoping to find something like that. Thanks.

Thanks

Yeah, that's the same one you'll get nearly everywhere, although she's a champ and went ahead and soldered it to the board. Brave.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers: