+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Call quality using Iphone 4 has decreased all of a sudden!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an Iphone 4 on the straight talk network. I am experiencing some indifferent sound quality when making phone calls. The people I am speaking to are complaining about
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Call quality using Iphone 4 has decreased all of a sudden!
    I have an Iphone 4 on the straight talk network. I am experiencing some indifferent sound quality when making phone calls. The people I am speaking to are complaining about low volume, muffled sound and not understanding everything I am saying. It was not previously like this on the same Iphone, therefore unsure what could be causing this to happen. The Iphone is in excellent condition. I have tried to restore the Iphone, but that does not seem to have done any good. Any ideas to solve this problem would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

New sim card.... Try a new sim card if that doesnt fix it then its hardware and you probably need a new dock flex
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think it must be hardware. I switched Iphones with my wife and am having the same issues using her Iphone, but she isn't having any issues with her SIM and my Iphone. The Iphone where having problems with was using the Life Proof Case. It did get dropped in Eggnog about 2 months ago which does correspond to the problem starting. However, the life proof case pretty much covers every part of the Iphone. iPhone Cases and iPad Cases | LifeProof

Thanks for the response.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're having the same issues on her iPhone with you sim card in it then it has to be the sim card.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!