Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Useful iPhone tips for clients?

Default Useful iPhone tips for clients?
    I want to add some free iPhone tips to some advertising I am doing but I'm having trouble coming up with a concise worthwhile tip to share.

My thoughts have been,"what to do when your iPhone gets wet" but that can be more complicated if you want to explain it right. And generally adds up to a visit for service making it not do free. My other idea was how to improve battery life but that can be super dry and technical with repeated instructions on navigating to settings.

Anyone have an idea of most common useful tips you can give out for free?

To drum up business, you advertise "Free iPhone Tune-Up". Make contact with potential customers. Tune-Up, 1 delete background apps from memory, 2 Reset hold both home and power buttons, 3 Clean charging port of dust and debris with toothbrush, 4 Wipe clean outside including screen. Have them leave their email so you can contact them about specials etc. People will bring you their iPhones, some will have problems, screen cracks or chips, broken buttons, poor speakers, weak batteries, etc you can offer your repair services.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 805 93003 For This Useful Post:

mrvisserplein (12-26-2012)

I like that idea for sure. But, this wasn't about drumming up business so much as building trust within the community. That's the idea behind giving a free tip in the first wave of publicity.

Those are the best 3 tips there are for the iPhone, applicable to all iPhone users. Clearing memory, Reset, and only preventive maintenance there is for iPhone, cleaning charging port. I know a lot of tips, but none are on par with these. You can recommend and sell screen protectors and cases, include a tip about the protective benefits of these. Good luck with your business.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 805 93003 For This Useful Post:

mrvisserplein (12-28-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Those are the best 3 tips there are for the iPhone, applicable to all iPhone users. Clearing memory, Reset, and only preventive maintenance there is for iPhone, cleaning charging port. I know a lot of tips, but none are on par with these. You can recommend and sell screen protectors and cases, include a tip about the protective benefits of these. Good luck with your business.
    I hope you didn't think I had any issue with your original idea because I certainly plan to use it. In the end I decided to go a different direction with the ad and direct people to a separate spot where I can dish out tips and list offers like the 'tune up'. If you have any other words of wisdom I would be happy to hear.

Incidentally since I live in a country with 8 digit phone numbers my iPhone really wants to believe your user name is something it can dial out to.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought of doing this a while ago and had a list. Never actually did it. I am looking for the list but I'll be damned if I can remember where I saved it. Here are the ones I can remember:

1. How to do a hard reset
    2. How to kill background apps
    3. Manually adjust your brightness to extend battery life
    4. Always plug in before performing an update
    5. Disable vibration altogether (from the settings menu)
    6. No Bluetooth Headset? Disable bluetooth to conserve battery life.
    7. Water Damage? Turn your phone off and put it in a bag of rice and call ()

I dont remember the exact wording I used but I know I have a list of like 30+ tips like that. Most of the stuff I just posted you can figure out wording it yourself But I remember the bluetooth and water damage started out as a question. I was going to use them in almost the exact same way as you but just never did. If I find it I'll shoot you a PM.
    Last edited by iRevival; 12-28-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iRevival For This Useful Post:

mrvisserplein (12-28-2012)

That's a great list. I am planning now to direct people to my facebook page and post tips to keep the page active. I am in a small town so winning over the trust of the community and creating positive word of mouth through goodwill is the most important issue.

Also, I'm newer to the iPhone world than the Mac world so any information is helpful to me on a tech level as well.

ps. In regards to #3 I've always heard the Automatic Brightness setting is best for conserving battery. Also, you didn't ask but evernote is amazing for organizing lists like this or basically anything that needs archiving.

Thanks

You know, I've never used Evernote. I know its extremely popular, just never gave it a chance.

In regards to the auto brightness, I've noticed that it usually keeps your screen too bright. Back when I had my 4S jailbroken I was able to extend my battery life significantly by manually adjusting when I needed to and keeping it around half way most of the time as opposed to letting the phone figure it out. I suppose it does come down to preference but in my opinion, and many of my customers and friends, manual is the way to go. I just remember that being one of my tips. Gonna go try out evernote now, thanks for the tip!

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

I actually turned off auto-brightness because I felt it was always too dull. It was driving me crazy.

Evernote is powerful and so open that you can use it for anything. That's what can be so daunting about it. I kept deleting the app until I read about a method for using it.

Thanks

You wouldn't mind directing me to the method if you still have it would you?

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers: