+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Network Problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, I have an iphone 4 but damage blue coil causing no reception! I am wandering whether it is repairable or not. And If so where can I repair
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Network Problem
    Hi everyone, I have an iphone 4 but damage blue coil causing no reception! I am wandering whether it is repairable or not. And If so where can I repair one. I live in India and I am looking around for a repair center but could not find one. I order a blue coil to repair it myself but could not do it. I also google around for alternative method of repairing the blue coil but it did not work out as well. I am thinking of sending it to ifixit.com but since the store is outside my country is it trust able? Suggestion please.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by agittan View Post
    Hi everyone, I have an iphone 4 but damage blue coil causing no reception! I am wandering whether it is repairable or not. And If so where can I repair one. I live in India and I am looking around for a repair center but could not find one. I order a blue coil to repair it myself but could not do it. I also google around for alternative method of repairing the blue coil but it did not work out as well. I am thinking of sending it to ifixit.com but since the store is outside my country is it trust able? Suggestion please.

Thank you.
    A temperature controlled/fine tip soldering gun, a tiny bit of solder, a magnifying glass, and a good steady hand is all you need. Solder the two points where the blue coil sits, together. Be careful not to get solder anywhere else but between the two points. Takes a very tiny bit of solder. That should do it. If for some reason you are unable to or fail to do so, ifixit is one of the better places to send your phone here in the US.
    Insanity Is Believing Your Hallucinations Are Real.

Religion Is Believing That Other Peoples' Hallucinations Are Real.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Another technique to what iRepair is saying is to get soldering paste. You can buy it in a syringe so that you can put the paste exactly where you need it with some great accuracy. After you put it where you want just touch it real quick with a soldering iron and you're all done. That's how I do the battery connector repair. Much easier for me because I hate surface mount soldering lol.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok! Thanks for the advice... besides this i also have a question
    iPhone 4 Network Problem-iphone.jpg
    On the picture, the big circled is the blue coil, right? What is the other conductor right be below the blue coil (in small circle)? What is its purpose? I have that missing too I followed a step to repair/alternate repairing for the blue coil from macrumors(.)com. I did the modification but it still didnt success when all(some) other person tried it and worked for them. Has that small conductor got to do anything with network reception?
    Last edited by agittan; 12-17-2012 at 11:10 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry, I've got no clue on that one.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!