+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: To those that run shops...

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
The dreaded ipod touch. I too am not a big fan of those. It seems like when one comes in it is followed by 2 or 3 more. I'm actually
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The dreaded ipod touch. I too am not a big fan of those. It seems like when one comes in it is followed by 2 or 3 more. I'm actually starting to get preety quick at doing them, so it's not as bad as it used to be. Now if I can just improve my time on the ipad that would be great. $65 for the ipod is pretty cheap in my opinion. I know it is all market driven but I am getting $85 now just dropped from $90 about a month ago.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePhoneMechanix View Post
    The dreaded ipod touch. I too am not a big fan of those. It seems like when one comes in it is followed by 2 or 3 more. I'm actually starting to get preety quick at doing them, so it's not as bad as it used to be. Now if I can just improve my time on the ipad that would be great. $65 for the ipod is pretty cheap in my opinion. I know it is all market driven but I am getting $85 now just dropped from $90 about a month ago.
    True. We have an apple store in this mall so we have to keep it considerably lower than their replacements. Also this apple store claims that 100% of their replacements are brand new and not refurbished which is a lie.

We really sell the "keep your data" thing cus apple won't back up your phone and restore it in store. Plus were $65 cheaper than their replacement for a 4 and 115 cheaper than the 4S

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    My question is how many people are running as a legit and legal business paying taxes and stuff ?
    Not me. But I don't do 1/4 as many as you guys do. lol - I pay up to $125 for an iPhone 4 and around $225 for a 4S typically depending on condition. Still flip for a good profit.

What's Jailbreak? Captain Burrito's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to start doing this on the side and I'm wondering what kind of rates you guys charge for screen swaps and midframe swaps. And what policies do you use for faulty parts (assuming they were purchased by the customer)? Do you return the phone back to original? Do you give them a refund? Just wondering how to do this in a fair but still profitable way (so your not constantly installing and un-installing faulty parts for free) as I'm not willing to stock quality parts that may never be used.
    Last edited by Captain Burrito; 12-24-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Burrito View Post
    I want to start doing this on the side and I'm wondering what kind of rates you guys charge for screen swaps and midframe swaps. And what policies do you use for faulty parts (assuming they were purchased by the customer)? Do you return the phone back to original? Do you give them a refund? Just wondering how to do this in a fair but still profitable way (so your not constantly installing and un-installing faulty parts for free) as I'm not willing to stock quality parts that may never be used.
    Typical repair for us is an iPhone 4 screen. It's $84.99 and we tell them 30 minutes. Everything on their phone is tested before we start work to make sure everything else is functioning. We change out the screen and only put the phone together halfway to make sure the screen is working properly. While we do that, we make sure the proximity sensor is working properly. The volume that we do daily, we don't have time to put the phone all the way back together, just to find out the prox doesn't work or something else and then take it all apart again. Once we make sure the screen is working, touching everywhere, prox working, etc. We continue putting it all back together.

The customer gets a 60-day warranty on whatever part is installed. Defects only. So if in a month the touch screen stops working but there's no physical damage, we will just swap it and we're done. As far as other parts, we stock EVERYTHING. So if a customer wants to get their screen fixed, it's $84.99. If another customer wants their power button fixed, it's $49.99. If the SAME customer wants both the screen fixed and the power button, it's $94.99. The customer only pays for one "premium labor" item + the cost of the other part used. We will almost never give a refund if we don't have to.

Let's say a customer comes in and wants a battery replaced. That's $44.99. If within the 60 days they are still having an issue and a new battery doesn't fix their problem. We will put their old one (we keep them in bags with the date and customer's name on it for 60 days) back in and refund them the cost of the battery but keep a "labor fee".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Strange question. How do you store your parts? Any special care you take?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Great to see the kiosk setup. Looks like you keep most parts in the bubble wrap inside your shelving units?

Does the added food court smell come free with all repairs? :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrvisserplein View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Great to see the kiosk setup. Looks like you keep most parts in the bubble wrap inside your shelving units?

Does the added food court smell come free with all repairs? :P
    Hahaha. Yeah pretty much.

We try to keep 20-30 of each iPhone 4 screen on hand. They are together in bundles of 5. I'll take some more detailed pics tomorrow if I remember.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi mates,
    i have a shop and we are 4 tech., we have minimal of 10-15 items a day (sumsung, apple, BB etc). we fix every thing.
    I was wounderingif we can help each other to solve big problems such as -1 error, searching problem...etc. Also, was woundering if we can share some of the problems solutions, diagrams....etc.
    Here we change iphone 4 lcds for 60-70$ which same price as 4S.
    just want to share

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12