+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I tore the battery connector off my iphone 4...super glue or solder?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I tore the battery connector off my iPhone 4 logic board, I'd love to know whether or not I should super glue or solder it back on I've searched
    My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I tore the battery connector off my iphone 4...super glue or solder?
    So I tore the battery connector off my iPhone 4 logic board, I'd love to know whether or not I should super glue or solder it back on
    I tore the battery connector off my iphone 4...super glue or solder?-imageuploadedbymodmyi1353322689.018735.jpg
    I've searched ifixit, but I can't find the solution specific to my device and what I've done.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! I miss my iPhone, I've had to revert to my old Nokia..
    Last edited by keenpois0n; 11-19-2012 at 04:05 AM.

I haz a number
    Thanks

Looks like a clean break from the photo, with intact pads, which is good. I would buy a new plastic connector tray which came off and is present in the photo, unless you are certain the old one is good, they probably cost $2. Then have it micro soldered by a very experienced person. Do not get any glue near this repair.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello -

We see this repair in our shop every day. It is quite common, so don't think you did something unusual. In our opinion, Apple has done a very poor engineering job of ensuring this connector has enough mechanical adhesion to stay bonded to the motherboard.

In any case, with the solder pads in place, this is a pretty simple fix BUT make sure you know someone that does micro-soldering AND that they have the proper equipment. One stray move of the hand and the motherboard can be destroyed.

With that being said, you need to make sure that all of your connection points are resoldered properly. Super-Glue will not work as there are tiny legs off of the connector that need to be bonded (soldered) to the motherboard solder pads. That will re-complete the circuit.

If you run into trouble or have other questions, just let me know. Again, you can visit our website if you want to have a professional company complete this fix for you.

Regards,

Rick
    Florida iDoctor

Thanks

Thanks guys! I was very close to using superglue..so thanks you've saved my iPhone. I think I've found a guy who can do it, so I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again

Thanks

I've got a guy offering me $60 for the repair..is it worth it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    I've got a guy offering me $60 for the repair..is it worth it?
    Offer him $40 this is a labor only job, should take him less then 30 mins. any one with a lil soldering skills and the right iron could do this.
    Iphone 4 GSM Midframes for sale, RED, BLUE,GOLD,BLACK. CHEAP!