Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The "connect to iTunes" error after water damaged!?

Hybrid View

Default The "connect to iTunes" error after water damaged!?
    I'm buying alot of broken iPhones, and have been a little against buying them who are water damage. One thing i have noticed when im asked whats happens with it when you try to turn it on, its that they get the "connect to iTunes" logo on it.

I bought one iPhone 4 with this error for about 40$ and thought i would have a look at it. When i connect it to the computer, iTunes finds it and tells me it is in DFU mode. Trying to restore it, and just when it should complete the whole thing shuts off and i have to try again. It goes like this in one loop. The iPhone charges when it is connected to the PC.

I've only checked the water damage indicators and this did not show anything. I have not locked for immersion on the motherboard yet, but wanted to change the docking adapter first and see if that helps. Will also change battery offcaurse.

So do you any suggest whats hardware that might be defected in this case? I have seen alot of iPhones with this error, and can't find any goog help on either google or youtube (weird?)

:-)

Nobody have seen this kind of error before?