Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Proximility problems after iPhone 4 screen assembly? This fix!

Default Proximility problems after iPhone 4 screen assembly? This fix!
    Hi!

I just found this beautiful forum yesterday, and wanted to share a nice video that have helped me alot on problems with the proximility sensor, after you have done a screen assembly on your iPhone 4.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself

This thread also gives alot of information.
    iPhone 4 proximity sensor not working after replacing BLACK GSM - iPhone 4 - iFixit

Seems easy, and it is! Have helped me 9/10 times ive tried. So happy fixing! :-)

I always just darken that part with a marker. Problem solved.
    Last edited by B-Roll; 10-24-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    I always just darken that part with a market. Problem solved.
    Yes as in the youtube video, or do you not use any scotch tape?

No. Just a marker. And that's only when I use my secondary supplier which is rare. Primary supplier parts don't have this issue at all.

No. Just a marker. And that's only when I use my secondary supplier which is rare. Primary supplier parts don't have this issue at all.
    Ahh yeah, i see. Should have the same effect as using scotch and then a marker. Where do you buy your screens that does not have this problem? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by martgal View Post
    Ahh yeah, i see. Should have the same effect as using scotch and then a marker. Where do you buy your screens that does not have this problem? :-)
    A master never reveals his secrets. ;]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol marker or small piece of elec tape with holes

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah my secondary supplier has this issue too. It's like they only produce their parts with the darkness of the 4S window. No issues on the 4S, rarely on the CDMA 4, but if I don't darken it before putting on a GSM 4 the screen definitely wont shut off. I also use just marker like B-Roll. Good video though, thanks!
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

It's just easier to not even deal with it. Especially fixing 40-50 phones a day. I never want to keep the customer waiting because of something as "simple" as the prox. I say "simple" because it's such a small detail that turns into a big one once the phone is somewhat put back together and you go to test it and it's not working properly. No thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

^^+1
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

It's just easier to not even deal with it. Especially fixing 40-50 phones a day. I never want to keep the customer waiting because of something as "simple" as the prox. I say "simple" because it's such a small detail that turns into a big one once the phone is somewhat put back together and you go to test it and it's not working properly. No thanks.

Yeah im with you one that. Never had one customer that even know that it was a proximity sensor on the iPhone and either what it does ^^