+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Only works when plugged up. no wifi , no cellular signal at all.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my iphone 4 was working perfectly until i woke this morning... took it off the charger... and it just turned off. it wont turn on at all if it is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Only works when plugged up. no wifi , no cellular signal at all.
    my iphone 4 was working perfectly until i woke this morning... took it off the charger... and it just turned off. it wont turn on at all if it is not plugged up.

perhaps about 2 weeks ago i replaced my back , and front lcd screen completely. everything was working fine upon completion. this is the first time ive had a hardware issue.

ive tried to take battery out... reconnect contact clip... and screw... still doesnt work...
    actually upon doing that... sound no longer comes out of my speakers... and ive noticed my phone no longer gets any type of connection (wifi, data, call signal) ...

im not understanding the sudden issue... i didnt drop it or anything...

if anyone has any insight on what the issue may be and what i should do ... it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED....

i am very familiar with the hardware and taking the components apart so feel free to suggest things of this nature...

my iphone is JB'd.. and i dont have a warranty... so suggestions of going to see Apple... or buying a new phone is not an option ... as i would have already done so if it were possible... thanks.
    Last edited by brenee10x; 10-17-2012 at 03:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Restore? I'd start there if you've checked everything HW wise

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi brenee10x, I have the same issue since yesterday. I replaced the LCD, Dock connector and the battery a week before. Do you made progress? At first I will change back the battery back to the old one, hopefully this will stop the continuesly reboot of the iPhone.