+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Stuck on Apple Logo Loop (Hardware Issue???)

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here is the problem: My iPhone 3G is stuck on continuous loop at the Apple logo. The phone only turns on when connected to charger/PC. If connected to charger/PC, phone
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Stuck on Apple Logo Loop (Hardware Issue???)
    Here is the problem:

My iPhone 3G is stuck on continuous loop at the Apple logo. The phone only turns on when connected to charger/PC. If connected to charger/PC, phone turn on and goes to Apple logo then phone/screen turns off and after a while turns on again (continuous loop but stuck at Apple logo)... If disconnected from charger, phone/screen turns off but still a "faded" Apple logo can seen slowly disappearing...

What I tired:
    I tried all the methods found online: DFU, firmware restore, etc. etc... But nothing worked, it would just go back to the original issue since for some reason when disconnected from charger or PC, the phone would turn off...

I did some research and thought it was battery issue. So I replaced battery.... Even after replacing battery, still having the same issue...

Any suggestion/help would be appreciated....
    Last edited by Zythyr; 09-30-2012 at 11:54 AM.

I would try using redsn0w and enter Pwnd DFU mode and then restore to a custom 4.2.1 firmware.

when you tried to restore the phone in your attempts to fix it, what was the process and what type of error messages were you getting?
    The Join date says enough!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I would try using redsn0w and enter Pwnd DFU mode and then restore to a custom 4.2.1 firmware.

when you tried to restore the phone in your attempts to fix it, what was the process and what type of error messages were you getting?
    Doesn't matter which restore method I try, custom firmware, or stock firmware... Restore give mes the following error:

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (23).

I see a plain white screen during the restore process...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 594 Posts

now this is weird but i came across this yesterday at my shop, long story short. take out the vibrator,then power the phone on. i know it sounds crazy but it worked. maybe you will have the same result. and it doesnt cost anything extra.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delutedsoul View Post
    now this is weird but i came across this yesterday at my shop, long story short. take out the vibrator,then power the phone on. i know it sounds crazy but it worked. maybe you will have the same result. and it doesnt cost anything extra.
    Removed the vibrator and turned on the phone. Still no luck... Same issue, "phone doesn't turn on when not connected to power source. And when connected to power source, it just goes to open logo then screen turns off again..."

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol interesting fix delutedsoul. I'll have to keep that in mind. Had a 3GS come through with this particular issue last week. I tried everything but eventually told the customer to search for another iPhone.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Thanks

Yea I thought do too lol. Apparently the vibe motor was bad and it was causing a short. Anyway I replaced it with a new one and saved the customer some money.

Thanks

ok this is coming from a tech stand point. first thing first is do a board swap (if possible). take the board your having issues with and put it in a iphone that works perfect. A friends or family memebers. by doing this you insure that its not something like lcd short or digi short or something of a modular nature. if not my first step would be clean all connectors and ribbons. pull the main board and pop the chip set covers. take a toothbrush and some denatured alcohol, at least 95%. scrub your board down with it. use a can of duster and blow out the excess alcohol. then let the board dry a while 1 hour or so. then put everthing back together and see what you got. let me know how it works