Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IP4. Wet iphone fixed. Now new problem.

Default IP4. Wet iphone fixed. Now new problem.
    Hello !
    My iPhone 4 got wet but it was fixed by drying and changing charger cable and battery. After a few days it died again, now my iPhone 4 don't power up with battery only when connected to a wall charger it power up into activation mode but when i disconnect the charger the iPhone turn off immediately.

coud someone help me please?

Thank you!

I had the exact problem. The reason my iPhone stopped working after a few days was due to oxidization in the electrical contacts. I took it to an iPhone repair guy. He opened it up and showed me the problem. Next, he submerged the iPhone in 99% rubbing alcohol solution for about 30 minutes then he scrubbed the motherboard with a soft toothbrush. He also carefully brushed all connectors trying not to break any delicate cables. Once done, he let it air dried for about an hour then put everything back. I haven't had any problem since. The repair cost me $30 (US dollars). That was about a year ago. Good luck

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

could be the battery too. If you take it apart I can almost guarantee there is some type of rust or corrosion on you battery connector somewhere.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

I took it to a guy who repair them too but he was unable to do it. If I replace the battery it works for a couple of days. I suppose that there is some charging problem (though the battery level rises when I plug in).

You may want to replace the charging dock. The part is cheap on Amazon, and there are tons of video on youtube showing how to do it.
    Also, ifixit.com has a step-by-step instructions in the link below:

Installing iPhone 4 Dock Connector - iFixit

A local guy in my city charges $25 for him to do it (parts and labor). Good luck

====================================

Quote Originally Posted by sweetglass View Post
    I took it to a guy who repair them too but he was unable to do it. If I replace the battery it works for a couple of days. I suppose that there is some charging problem (though the battery level rises when I plug in).

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crap thats cheap hcgaloi. But yes, I'd try that. Still think theres an issue with the battery connector though.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!