+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROBLEM iPhone 4 WiFi has stopped working completley

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Need some advice on the problem I am having with my iPhone 4. Basically yesterday evening I was browsing the web with my phone and noticed I was using 3G.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation PROBLEM iPhone 4 WiFi has stopped working completley
    Need some advice on the problem I am having with my iPhone 4. Basically yesterday evening I was browsing the web with my phone and noticed I was using 3G. Thought this was odd as my router is about 4 feet away from me in my room, and the router was working normally had status/activity and all that good stuff. I checked under settings to see if for some reason WiFi was turned off, which it wasn't, but it wasn't showing any networks under the available network list. I turned my phone off and on and also reset the router in case this was the cause (which I knew it wasn't) and tried again. Still no luck.

After doing some browsing, other people have had the same problem where their WiFi has stopped working. I cant see any available networks and am stuck now with 3G which is alright when i'm out and about, but at home I would like to be able to use my WiFi rather than eat away at my data plan.

Anyone with any ideas or advice, please let me know as I would like to get this sorted sooner rather than later

Thank you

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you ever taken the phone apart before? Also I would recommend trying a fresh restore. Backup the iPhone and restore from scratch and set up as a new phone. If that fixes the issue you can sync everything back on.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had the same problem this morning. However, a hard reboot (power+home) fixed the issue. I have jailbroken iPhone4 iOS 5.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have replaced the screen about 2-3 weeks ago, and after that was done, my WiFi was working perfectly fine with no problems up until the other day. I would have thought if i had of someway damaged the hardware inside I would have noticed a problem before now and with regards to the backups and a hard reset (DFU) I have done this, as well as the update to iOS 6 just to see if that cured the problem, but still no luck. Really starting to loose my patience with this now. Please help me!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This has been solved now. Looks like the antenna wasn't seated properly inside the phone? don't know how this has happened as the phone was working fine for two weeks and the supporting screws where in securely. Anyway opened the phone back up, re-seated the screws, re-connected all connections and then closed the back up and boom! Wi-Fi is back thank you for all the help and advice you guys gave