+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stay away from Pacific Toy

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all, I have gathered lots of good advice over the years thru this forum and have done a few color swaps for friends and family with the help of
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Stay away from Pacific Toy
    Hey all,

I have gathered lots of good advice over the years thru this forum and have done a few color swaps for friends and family with the help of cowboy along with others on all phones from the original all black modded 1st Gen iPhone to the 4S.

In this time I have never dealt with such poor products or service as from Pacific Toy. I ordered a color kit from there and put in my FL address but then the payment vendor had my VA address so it got changed to VA. I immediately emailed them about it and got a response days later saying it went VA, no big deal my gf sent it to me in FL.

Appeared to be decent quality, put it in and half the screen wouldn't respond to touch. Pulled back apart to double check everything and still, the same thing. Now this isn't the first swap I have done so I let them know about it and was told to return it, order a new one, and they would refund me.

I return it certified mail, put new screen in, and emailed about my refund. They claim they never received it so I send the confirmation number proving they had received it but no response. I emailed, and emailed, and emailed, along with calling and nothing. Now I have been extremely busy so let it slip some but the guy now picks up and lets me listen to his blasting car stereo and then hangs up.

He refuses to refund me after months of this and am very disappointed in Pacific Toy. I highly caution anyone with doing business with them due to be out the money for 2 screens while only actually having one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

It's business. They due have sub par customer service but their parts have been used by us for a while. No company can have a perfect track record. I support them because they have good prices and quick shipping. Have I had an issue with them before? Sure. But just because I had a few problems wouldn't make me tell people to stay away. Their pros far outweigh their cons, which is poor customer service from time to time.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Agreed ^^ I have recently purchased quite a few kits and other parts from them with no issues. Any place is going to have a bad part or two, customer service will never be perfect, for any business. So I'd get over that right now. I get your frustration of having the issues you have had with them as far as your refund, etc. But like Rev said, telling people to stay away because you've had one bad experience with them is overboard. I can assure you many people on this site have used them, dozens or hundreds of times even and maybe had one or so bad experience or none even.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously? I realize it is only $50 but it is still 50 bucks. Customer service was terrible from the first contact and only got worse and I stand by staying away. One of you admitted their customer service was sub par so why do business with them and let them get away with it? I don't know why you think this is different from any other business and the guy has stolen $50 from me. "Get over that right now" are you kidding? What business are you in that you can ship subpar products and then never refund their money?

It is the attitudes on here that let him get away with it and continue to get away with it. Your posts have made me want to pursue it further even if it costs me in the end because it isn't right. Either you two are his friends (which I have to assume) or have no idea how a business works. We have plenty of choices of where to get color kits from and you choose to do business with a guy that doesn't stand behind his products?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've used Pacific Toy forever and they have always been great when there was an issue. They shipped my product to the wrong address twice, but as soon as I noticed it they were quick to resend my order and wait for the product to be returned to them. I did have to call them though, never get a responce via email. But again as soon as I pointed out the error to them they have always been fast at fixing my orders.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat353 View Post
    It is the attitudes on here that let him get away with it and continue to get away with it. Your posts have made me want to pursue it further even if it costs me in the end because it isn't right. Either you two are his friends (which I have to assume) or have no idea how a business works. We have plenty of choices of where to get color kits from and you choose to do business with a guy that doesn't stand behind his products?
    It's not an attitude here, we have experience with businesses. No one will ever have a customer base that is completely satisfied. There are always people who have bad experiences. Email them again. If that doesn't work, call them. If you can't get it taken care then that sucks, but all we said was that jumping to the conclusion that they are a bad company because you had 1 bad experience with them was going overboard. There are plenty of us here that have had nothing but good experiences with them and many of the other companies that sell parts to us, and there are plenty of us who have had our fair share of disagreements with those companies. As for the subpar customer service, I deal with it because I only have to use it on a rare occasion. And on those occasions I make sure that I take the necessary amount of time to contact that until I receive a response. I have never had a part not come in, and have never had them say a part did not arrive. Do I want you to get you money back? Absolutely. I would never let that happen to one of my customers. I'm also not friends with him because "he" doesn't own the business. It's a business. There are more than one employee there. I have only ever dealt with someone named Sarah from there, and she has always done a good job getting everything done. So email or call and ask for her then. I know how business works, which is why I know that this happens from time to time. People make mistakes.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

+1 Sara or whatever is who my stuff usually comes from, I've only had one package actually say Pacific Toy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am open a the cellphone repair stores. so far i have ordered the items from pacifictoy.com since 2011, most the items have been worked fine, and the prices are pretty good deal. sometimes, the items has problem, i just sent back from refund or exchange. they take care all for me. happy to deal the business with them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

If you guys ran a business the way you have responded to the author, you'd be out of business in no time flat because you're not even listening to him. He isn't saying he's dissatisfied with their customer service, he's saying he got ZERO customer service and now they won't even respond. Pat353, I'd take your complaint up with the BBB, if you can prove you returned the merchandise and that they received it but still refuse to address your concerns, then you have an iron clad case. It will end up costing YOU more money, but at this point it sounds like the only satisfaction you'll get is in teaching them a lesson.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've used pacific toy for all my parts ever since my 3G iphone and I've never had any issues that I can remember.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 Times in 2,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pat353 View Post
    Seriously? I realize it is only $50 but it is still 50 bucks. Customer service was terrible from the first contact and only got worse and I stand by staying away. One of you admitted their customer service was sub par so why do business with them and let them get away with it? I don't know why you think this is different from any other business and the guy has stolen $50 from me. "Get over that right now" are you kidding? What business are you in that you can ship subpar products and then never refund their money?

Figured I'd jump in to this just because my name was in the original post

First I am going to start off that your assumption that irevival & josh are personal friends or buddy buddy with the guy or guys that run Pacific Toy is wrong. Whew okay now that is off my chest.
    Your experience sucks i think we can all agree what happened to you is crappy. I dont know how many times or the ways you have reached out to them but i would try again by phone and or email.
    Customer service is subpar at best but they have always worked with me enough to refund or swap parts.

So i dont know hope it all works out sorry for your bad experience
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here