+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 water damage, now overheats?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys I have a customers phone 4 that has water damage. I cleaned it with 99% alchohol and restored it and everything seems to be working fine. I'm getting
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 water damage, now overheats?
    Hi guys I have a customers phone 4 that has water damage. I cleaned it with 99% alchohol and restored it and everything seems to be working fine. I'm getting Gsm signal and wifi no without a problem. The only thing that is an issues is that the phone overheats easily, mostly on the bottom right of the phone. You can feel it thru the midframe. I changed the dock connecter and same issues occur. sometimes the "overheat" logo shows up and the phone is not usable until it cools down. anybody have a fix for this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It might be a bad logic board, I also had one that over heated and would not cool down unless turned off. I am not positive though!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Which bottom right? Lol. When you are looking at the screen or the back? Sounds like your battery is heating up, which I would not recommend keeping plugged in then. Bu water damage does crazy damage to phones. Try cleaning the board with some 99% alcohol.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Which bottom right? Lol. When you are looking at the screen or the back? Sounds like your battery is heating up, which I would not recommend keeping plugged in then. Bu water damage does crazy damage to phones. Try cleaning the board with some 99% alcohol.
    the bottom right corner, looking at the screen is heating up. I tried different batteries and changing the dock connector and it did clean it with 99% alochol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

In my experience, the logic board is probably bad. Overheating is never a good sign and I tend to tell my customers there's no chance for their phone when it does that.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!