Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Screen Problem

Default iPhone 3G Screen Problem
    My mum dropped my old iPhone on the ground and now the screen is just white. When I slide my finger accross the bottom of the screen it still unlocks like usual, so I think its a hardware problem but I'm not sure. I've tried restarting it and holding the home/on buttons for 10 seconds but the problem still stays. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

Video:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

White screen normally means your LCD is shot.
    Also posting links in your sig is against forum rules.

Well I havent been told to take it off and I've been posting for a couple of months now. That's a stupid rule btw. And how is it "sig spam?" That's not what spam means =\. Anyway can we stay on topic? Is there a way to fix a "shot LCD"?
    Last edited by Reeiiko; 09-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

You have been told now. And it has been removed. "Stupid rule" or not it is a rule of this forum and will be followed.

I did post on topic. A bad LCD means you need to replace your LCD. You can find a iPhone repair shop to do it or if you are feeling adventurous these can be bought online from various places and replaced by yourself, personally I use muchbuy.com but there are many other places as well.

We also have a retired moderator that you can send your phone to and he can fix it for you and send it back. His site is: Tulsa and Owasso iPhone and iPad Repair

His member name here is Cowboy.

Thread moved

it now resides in the Hardware section and may give you better results with the hardware experts in that section

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

It may be a bad connection. When it was dropped it could have knocked the cable loose slightly which would definitely give you a white screen. Either that, or like Simon said, the drop killed the LCD screen. I'd check the connection first. When disassembling, the LCD is connector #1. Be careful with the #3 cable if you decide to try yourself, easy to damage for beginners. There is a little door that you lift up gently and then slide the cable out the other side. Connectors #1 (LCD) and #2 (Digitizer) just pop out when pried up gently.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!