+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pacific toy problems, anyone else?...

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have recently purchased 3 conversion kits to repair my friends phones from pacific toy. I like the quality of the screen but on every one there has been a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Pacific toy problems, anyone else?...
    I have recently purchased 3 conversion kits to repair my friends phones from pacific toy. I like the quality of the screen but on every one there has been a proximity sensor issue. I fixed it by putting tape over the sensor and using sharpie but I would rather not do that. What makes me more mad is on the back screen the screws won't fit in the holes on the bottom of the iPhone. They get stuck half way and I know I'm not cross threading them. Has anyone had any of these issues?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

honestly all the kits I've ordered from PT has been great quality so far.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Agreed, no issues thus far with them. Only ordered a few from them, but no issues yet at all. I honestly never think about testing proximity sensor, but haven't heard from anyone about any issues yet. I just made a pretty big purchase with them for some parts to keep in stock, so I hope this was a fluke.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As do I, I like their service and prices. The proximity sensor isn't that big of an issue it is the back housing that angers me. But they are replacing those parts for me so I'll see how the new ones work out!

Thanks

Weird, thus far I have not had that issue, we'll find out when my order comes in if there are any issues with them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let me know if you experience any of these problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've only had one issue with them which never got resolved but i still shop with them. The only problem i had was a defective back cover for an iphone 4s. They asked me to send it back (which i paid shipping) and i never received a replacement. The cost of doing business, i guess lol. The only other thing i can complain about is that they now use first class mailing instead of priority, with priority i always got my orders in two business days, like clockwork. Now it's 3 business days. Still, they have a great variety but less than stellar customer service. Guess we can't have it all!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just shipped my items back I'll see if I get replacements.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

They've always been good with replacing parts for me. Just got a digitizer replaced and there were no issues, but I did have to remind them that I sent it. That's why I always get tracking numbers. I've had the proximity sensor issue with a ton of kits from them and nearly everywhere else. Tape or sharpie usually fixes the issue for me and its not a big deal I suppose. Never had the issue with the back cover screws from them but I have had it with others. Sometime they just dont line up right and need to be replaced.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Thanks

First class? Weird, mine have been coming priority and I haven't paid extra. I made a large order early Friday morning and received it yesterday.

So as far as the proximity sensor issue, you guys just put a line with a sharpie on the inside of the front screen where the sensor spot is and that's it? Just curious, I'll probably start doing this just to save myself. lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    First class? Weird, mine have been coming priority and I haven't paid extra. I made a large order early Friday morning and received it yesterday.

So as far as the proximity sensor issue, you guys just put a line with a sharpie on the inside of the front screen where the sensor spot is and that's it? Just curious, I'll probably start doing this just to save myself. lol
    No you put a piece of tape over the proximity sensor itself and cover it completely then put sharpie on the tape and it should work. But as far as customer service they don't seem to bad, they do seem unprofessional answering my emails with "u" instead of "you" and so on. But they will even credit you for shipping a malfunctioning product back to them if you request it.

Thanks

Gotcha. Nice to know. Thanks for the advice, I'll have to take a look at the ones that I got yesterday and go ahead and do that. My only complaint was they packaged all of my order into a box and did not take the time to put a rubber band around the matching front/backs. Not a huge deal, I can tell the difference, but I have to take them all out of packaging and look them to put them with the matching front. (Ordered multiple quantities of 4 GSM/4 CDMA/4S both black and white) Other than that, I was happy with the quickness of shipping on this order.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

put eletrical tape on the sensors and then poke two marker hole sizes in them to reveal both of the sensors. works 90 percent of the time. look on you tube for proximity sensor issues.

Thanks

Yeah I also seen the sensor things Pacific Toy sells, kind of gives the general idea of what to do.