Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Wifi/ IMEI unlock

Exclamation iPhone 4 Wifi/ IMEI unlock
    Hey guys,

I've noticed my iPhone 4 has extremely bad wifi reception. When I'm in my room, I'll have 0-1 bar. I can be in the same spot and get full bars on my iPod touch. Should I buy a new wifi antenna? Has anyone else had this problem and solved it with a new antenna? I need to order a new LCD/screen assembly and a home button, so I can order everything from the same place and replace everything at once.

Also, I've been looking around for people that do IMEI factory unlocks. I really need one for my GSM iPhone 4 and the cheapest price possible. I have a baseband that cannot be unlocked and basically I bought it off of ebay planning to use it as my phone, and now I just use it as a better camera, ha. So, if anyone knows a cheap place, OR, you could even do it yourself, let me know please!

Thanks,
    DJ

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Has the phone ever been taken apart before? There is a metal ring on the emi shield above the flex cables that falls off easily and will reduce your wifi reception like that if it is missing.

As far as the unlock goes are you able to contact the seller? AT&T will unlock it if it isn't in the original contract anymore. I've done if for a couple people who have bought old iPhones off of me in the past.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Has the phone ever been taken apart before? There is a metal ring on the emi shield above the flex cables that falls off easily and will reduce your wifi reception like that if it is missing.

As far as the unlock goes are you able to contact the seller? AT&T will unlock it if it isn't in the original contract anymore. I've done if for a couple people who have bought old iPhones off of me in the past.
    Yeah it actually has been taken apart before. Before I bought it someone did a color conversion. And no, sadly I can't contact the original owner of the phone. Ive found someone locally to do it for $50. Seems reasonable. But back to the wifi, what should I order? What are the rings called?

Thanks!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I found one on EBay for you to use as a reference.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Hope that helps.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!