+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home button issues, tweaks for fix?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there anything available in Cydia or perhaps activator can do this already... I would like to just be able to click the home button one time to exit an
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Home button issues, tweaks for fix?
    Is there anything available in Cydia or perhaps activator can do this already... I would like to just be able to click the home button one time to exit an app. Seems like I have to hit it 3 or 4 times right now and it's annoying. Eventually it catches up and sometimes exits the app but goes to the search screen. Can't figure out if it's a software issue or not. Hardware wise the button "clicks" every time. Doesn't feel squishy or off like those old TV remotes or cordless phone buttons from the 90's.

By the way I'm typing this on the modmyi iPhone app and the stupid open advanced options link is in the way of my typing!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You can try re-calibrating your home button. Just open a stock app (default apps that come re-installed with your iPhone) such as YouTube, FaceTime, Calender, Notes, etc. and then hold your power button until the slide to power off screen pops up. From there, hold the home button until the slide to power off screen and the app close. After that your home button should be a little better.

If that doesn't work, I would try restoring and see if it fixes it. If that doesn't work, it's hardware.

As far as the MMi app, the owners are working on fixing that. The app is pretty buggy, which is why I never use it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions.

In activator under anywhere I added First SpringBoard page to Short hold. Seems sometimes when I go into an app it closes right away and I can't go into any apps. So if I push the home button a couple times, then go into the app it does not close anymore. I'm taking short hold off in activator. Its as if the device thinks the button is pushed when it is not. However when I do push it with my fingers, I feel the depression of the button and the click - a physical feedback that the button is being pressed. It does not feel sticky or stuck.

Iphone 5 can't come soon enough!

I will try the calibration next... think I've done that a few days ago with the Calendar app, but I will try a different stock app this time, maybe photos.

EDIT:

Ok I tried with the photos app. It kept exiting the app when I went in. I had to fiddle with the home button. A few times it was taking screen shots from simply pushing the power button in the top right. Anyway I brought up the slide to power off screen, held the home button down and it took about 45 seconds to a minute, but then the app closed out. So that should of calibrated it, correct? I am still having a problem sometimes when I go into a folder it automatically closes, or if I go into an app it exits right away.

I should of never messed with activator because before that the home button just didn't want to get out of an app... now the home button can't stand an app being open!
    Last edited by cypherstream; 08-22-2012 at 07:55 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

In activator under anywhere I added First SpringBoard page to Short hold. Seems sometimes when I go into an app it closes right away and I can't go into any apps. So if I push the home button a couple times, then go into the app it does not close anymore. I'm taking short hold off in activator. Its as if the device thinks the button is pushed when it is not. However when I do push it with my fingers, I feel the depression of the button and the click - a physical feedback that the button is being pressed. It does not feel sticky or stuck.

Iphone 5 can't come soon enough!

I will try the calibration next... think I've done that a few days ago with the Calendar app, but I will try a different stock app this time, maybe photos.

EDIT:

Ok I tried with the photos app. It kept exiting the app when I went in. I had to fiddle with the home button. A few times it was taking screen shots from simply pushing the power button in the top right. Anyway I brought up the slide to power off screen, held the home button down and it took about 45 seconds to a minute, but then the app closed out. So that should of calibrated it, correct? I am still having a problem sometimes when I go into a folder it automatically closes, or if I go into an app it exits right away.

I should of never messed with activator because before that the home button just didn't want to get out of an app... now the home button can't stand an app being open!
    It should be calibrated. You said that doesn't work, so before you go blow money on getting it repaired, try doing a restore and see if it fixes it. If that doesn't do it then you can be sure that it is hardware.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

I had single press attached to home button in activator. I unassigned it and now at least it is not auto closing applications the second they are launched. Calibrating didn't do much so I guess it's restore time. I might just wait for ios 6.