Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 OEM white LCD digitizer kit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 OEM white LCD digitizer kit
    Hi,

I'm looking for a white OEM LCD digitizer kit for iPhone 4, and the only place I've found it is on Focusupply (too expencive). SW-Box only got the LCD digitizer. On other sites it only looks like they got high copies of the kit.

So my question is, anybody know where I can get the kit for a decent price?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ifixdirect: Reseller, expensive parts.
    Focusupply: They got them, but the OEM kit is expensive.
    Muchbuy: Not sure if their parts are OEM.
    Pacifictoys: 30$ for a OEM kit? Looks like a high copy for me.

Do you agree with this conclusion?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Well the person on here that does phone repairs use them four places so I'm sure they all good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The parts are probably good, but is it worth to pay 135$ for the kit Focusupply got, or would the quality from Pacifictoys be equal?

Btw, it looks like it's only the LCD that's OEM on the kit from Pacifictoys and not the whole kit.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's the thing. You are looking for OEM parts. If you want OEM you are going to have to pay for them, and they are going to be more expensive. PacificToy's quality has been being tested by more users recently and there haven't been any complaints that I'm aware of and I use them quite frequently for rush orders. Muchbuy and Focusupply would be my next suggestion. Higher price, buy probably a higher peace of mind. I've never been a fan of ifixdirect. Just personal preference I suppose.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks!

But the repairshops that use OEM parts, how do they manage to keep their price lower than the chinese wholesalers/resellers? (Have been thinking about starting a starting something here in Norway, but as you see, I'm a bit clueless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Atrit View Post
    Thanks!

But the repairshops that use OEM parts, how do they manage to keep their price lower than the chinese wholesalers/resellers? (Have been thinking about starting a starting something here in Norway, but as you see, I'm a bit clueless.)
    Because they are lying to you. Plain and simple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    Because they are lying to you. Plain and simple.
    +1

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

I use Pacific toy, you can't beat their prices, just purchase one this week, $32.00, they have very good sources, not one problem thus far.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the answers!

Think I'm going to use Eachsupplier/Yoyobase, but do anybody know how they declare their packages? Do they send it as a gift, or do they write a low value on it? Got to pay a lot more if they write that the value is over 30$ (stupid Norwegian law).

Thanks

Thanks for the answers!

Think I'm going to use Eachsupplier/Yoyobase, but do anybody know how they declare their packages? Do they send it as a gift, or do they write a low value on it? Got to pay a lot more if they write that the value is over 30$ (stupid Norwegian law).
    They put a low amount on it.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Thanks

I would like to clarify that any website on that list is a reseller, to give you a bigger picture: factories in China produce these parts in disassembled form (LCD, digitizer, mesh, bracket, lens, etc). Just like ifixdirect, focus supply and pacific toy assemble these kits together and resell them to you. The price difference you see reflects in part quality used however unlike focus supply and pacific toy, ifixdirect assembles here in the US and carries some type of an actual warranty. Again to each is own, this is why there is so many different vendors available

The original front is typically $90 and the back cover is typically from $30-$40 so $130-$135 sounds about like the right price for an original kit
    Apple Technician - Modder

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've just ordered a few things from PacificToy to check them out, prices are pretty good, but agreed with the OEM comments. I've used ApplePartsStore.com in the past, never had any issues with them at all. Prices are a little higher, but you get what you pay for, I've completed a hundred or so repairs or color kit installs with no complaints after. I'm currently browsing around for a new supplier as I plan on making large orders in bulk from here on out to keep parts in stock so I don't have to make a client wait a few days for stuff to get shipped if they want me to do a repair.

iFixDirect is definitely expensive, I was shocked when I checked them out, but like mentioned above, if they are guaranteeing OEM parts, it's worth it. Most people can't tell the difference from my experience.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got some more questions:

1. I've seen some repair shops that had a lot of the iPhone 5 parts before the suppliers i know (Sw-box, Focusupply etc.) got them. Anyboy know what supplier they got them from?

2. Are the parts from applepartsstore.com really OEM? The LCD digitzeres seem to be way cheaper compeared to other places.

3. Anybody ever used globaldirectparts.com?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used to use Applepartsstore all the time, only had a few small issues with stuff and they immediately would get a replacement to me, never even had to ship the bad part back. Customer service was pretty good, the owner gave me his cell phone number to contact him directly with any questions or issues, I started having communication issues with him recently and I've since started using Pacific Toy. Quality was still there, I don't know about OEM, the quality of their LCD's look just like what I've got from Pacific Toy.

Hi,

I'm looking for a white OEM LCD digitizer kit for iPhone 4, and the only place I've found it is on Focusupply (too expencive). SW-Box only got the LCD digitizer. On other sites it only looks like they got high copies of the kit.

So my question is, anybody know where I can get the kit for a decent price?
    We're Muchbuy, we supply all Apple parts, high quality, Free shipping! Pls contact us when any inquirements needed. Thanks The price for iphone the LCD digitizer, $31/pc(1-5), $30(5pc+)

The best thing you guys can do as customers is to ASK questions before you buy. If you are looking for an OEM Apple Original part, then you should be asking these questions: (Lets use the iPhone 4 LCD Digitizer as an example)

1) Are the iPhone 4 LCD Digitizer Assemblies you carry composed of ALL original parts?
    2) Is the Digitizer OEM? Does it have the original Oleophobic Coating? (The oleophobic coating on the glass digitizer is a thin film that allows the digitizer glass its anti-fingerprint and water-resistant properties.) Some of the companies who buy the high quality replacement parts will have the manufacturer put a layer of oleophobic coating on the glass digitizer so they can advertise it is Oleophobic, but it will not perform like the original Oleophobic coating.
    3) Do both flex cables say Apple? If the digitizer flex cable and LCD Flex Cable do not say Apple, the assembly is NOT OEM. It is a high quality copy at best. Also, with ApplePartsStore.com, you will notice that the part is listed as an OEM REPLACEMENT Screen. Meaning it is a replacement for your OEM screen; it does not actually mean it is an OEM part.
    4) Is the LCD OEM? Some companies cut their costs by using aftermarket LCD's. As you could imagine, they do not perform up to the standards of OEM LCD's in the original OEM LCD Digitizer Assemblies.

For most people, it is hard to tell the difference between low quality replacements, high quality replacements, and OEM Original parts. But for people like us who know our hardware, it is easy to find the differences with a little bit of research.

Smile OEM iPhone 4S LCD digitizer white assembly
    Hi,the price of OEM iPhone 4S LCD digitizer assembly is higher 2 times than copy ones.I do not know what price you can accept.Focusupply and Etradesupply are expensive,that is correct.May be you can have a try of priorparts.com which is a reliable supplier.Honest.will tell you whether the products are copy or original.

How to distinguish the OEM and Copy:

A:Check the LCD and Digitizer flex cable to see whether there are "Apple" word on the flex.
    B:Put some water on the front screen,if the water focus together and does not flow away.It is OEM.However,if it flows away,it is copy.
    C:Check the screen to see whether it comes with the front camera holder and earpiece mesh.If yes,it is OEM.

How-to-tell-OEM-and-Copy-iPhone-4S-lcd-screen.jpg
    How-to-distinguish-OEM-or-Copy-iPhone-4S-LCD-Screen.jpg
    Last edited by priorparts; 01-22-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Ok you can buy the olephobic coating on the screen and some of my suppliers sold copy lcd assemblies with the coating fr a little extra $$. These tests arent foolproof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast