Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"

Hey,
    What are the dimensions of the pentalobe screws in the iphone? I haven't been able to find the answer to this question anywhere. I'm asking specifically about the iphone 4 cdma Verizon/Sprint model, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for the 4s (can't say I know about the 5). I know the screwdriver is a #00 Phillips head, and I have been able to uncover that the diameter is .8mm. But what is the length of this screw? Thanks,
    Dan

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone know what company uses the stamp "CB" on iPhone screens?
    iRepair Indy

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    Anyone know what company uses the stamp "CB" on iPhone screens?
    Pic?
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Ahan! Thanks for the share CowBoy! There is another site <a href="http://www.blog.brokenlcds.com">broken lcds</a>. It also provides good and useful set of information. Besides just solving basic problems, it also give a step by step guideline of fixing your iPhone's Circuit board and different problems in depth in an easy and step by step method! I hope everyone find something useful on this site too!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Pic?
    Here's the link to the pic http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...psdcd7925b.jpg

They use to have a small gold sticker with the CB on it.. which always seemed to be in the way. They'd put it right on the dig/lcd connectors.

ALSO anyone recognize this one..?
    http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...ps23bd6c72.jpg
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 08-15-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    iRepair Indy

Any word on quality of Pacific Toy's back covers? I'm thinking about buying a transparent one, and they seem to have the best price and good reviews.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EndymionFRS View Post
    Any word on quality of Pacific Toy's back covers? I'm thinking about buying a transparent one, and they seem to have the best price and good reviews.
    I've bought several transparent backs from PacificToy, and they all have broke on me. I've used them on my personal phone and I've never had a problem with Apple's OEM back glass, but these were so thin and fragile that it's almost not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by har02052 View Post
    I had been using an American based supplier, icheap.biz, whose prices were nearly as good (or better) than some of the chinese guys, customer service was great, shipping times were great (and free), and quality was fantastic. But a few months ago the quality dropped and customer service was lacking. They recently sent out an email saying that they noticed a drop in quality from their parts and they have cleared out their bad stock with a much higher quality of part, but I am hesitant to go back.
    Please note that iCheap.biz was recently purchased, put back online, and is selling high quality parts wholesale. New customer service, new inventory, free shipping options, new website - same wholesale prices. I should know, I bought it! Come see us and let us prove to you that you can use a US based wholesaler! Thanks! iCheap.biz

Well your not off to a good start
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1377565193.132505.jpg
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 10,070 Times in 6,151 Posts

^ better charge your battery Cowboy. lol

I know right
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Default A good story for an out-of-stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Well your not off to a good start
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1377565193.132505.jpg
    Point well taken. But, there is a silver lining to this out of stock (which just occurred). Depends on what glasses you look through.... Here's the story.....

So we have a tech that repairs phones in his town - really, all sorts of repairs and mods. But he is 2.5 hours from the nearest Apple store. So basically, his whole sales pitch is, "Yes, your phone is under warranty.... but its a 5 hour round trip, plus whatever time you spend waiting around in the apple store for your appointment...." - and the sales pitch works like a charm. When they find out he can fix whatever ails them, they are less concerned about Apple's warranty period, and just want to get the job done. So he cleaned me out of i5's. They'll be back in stock, but its a great little nugget of how a modder can build a business - a pretty impressive one without being in a big city, and doing quality work.

I think its pretty cool :-). He sells more i5 replacements, at a great margin, than other guys in LA and San Fran. And I will do whatever I can to support him! :-) Cheers!!!

I will soon make holiday in Thailand (Phuket). Do you think that there is a market for cheap iPhone accessories?

modyfikowac

Thanks

For the past month I've been trying to track down a TRUE whole seller for parts.... I'm convinced all these companies are just resellers.

I'm trying to find THE company that makes parts.. not some middle man.

I guess the hunt continues. ha
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 09-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

You're talking about a manufacturer connection. Good luck.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

[QUOTE=CUSTOM-i'S;6940612]So I have an iPhone 5 we acquired for free, it was completely destroyed to say the least. Went to swap it into another chassis and noticed the cellular Interconnection Flex, cable was torn on both leads, has anyone successfully repaired or replaced this unit? I can get my hands on the part, but I am in question if this is something someone has attempted and if so what's the success rate?ImageUploadedByModMyi1379082838.949309.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1379082847.692000.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1379082855.725999.jpg you can see the leads I'm talking about in the last photo off to the right side of the phone ImageUploadedByModMyi1379082890.625546.jpg

FYI I have verified the phone powers up and functions just no ability to connect to the network for obvious reasons. If anyone has done this repair and been successful I would love to have the repair done so I can get this phone fixed and sold as we all know they still sell for a pretty penny.
    Last edited by CUSTOM-i'S; 09-13-2013 at 09:37 AM.

It's my first time repairing an iphone 5 and I'm also changing the back cover (to a gold one :P). I'm just wondering if I got a defective back cover from smartphone-parts.com so maybe some of you who have done back case swapping can help me.

Here is the current cover IMG_20131012_121159.jpg

Here is the new one, it's still in plastic bag because I don't want to open it yet in case I have to return it. IMG_20131011_130241.jpg

So, am I supposed to swap the small metal thing that holds the lock button bracket to the new case, or should it be there already? If I'm supposed to swap it, how do I get it off the old cover?

Also, how important it is to have all these soft paddings (IMG_20131012_123622.jpg) in the new assembly and is it neccessary to glue back every flex cable that was held with tiny ammount of glue, do these make any difference?

Many thanks to anyone who could help me, and sorry the last question doesn't belong to this topic but I thought someone could answer it along with the other question. If the first question is also in wrong topic then please point me to the right topic.

Thanks

@kermakoira

I'm on my phone so I'm going to try to answer your questions from memory. Just give me a quick kick if I miss any.

1. The lock button pin rarely comes preinstalled on the colored frames. Usually this is not a big deal as long as you screw it in tight. This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine and I always order them extra when I get colored frames. You can use a paper clip or earring post to substitute for the pin that is missing. It won't be worth your time trying to pull the old one out.

2. The padding in the phone that you are talking about is not necessary to transfer over. The only one I transfer over is the piece behind the rear camera.

3. If you pull the battery and logic board out first, then you can use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat up the back of the phone. Doing so should let you pull the flex cables out with the adhesive attached to them instead of the original housing. However, the adhesive is not absolutely necessary for the phone to function and everything to fit in correctly.

Ok. Ill check to make sure I hit all the points now.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Has anyone ordered colour 5 frames from focusupply recently? do they now have the screw inserts which prevent the loss of signal? Also, hass anyone bought colour frames for the 5S?

edited -sorry for multiple post

well anyway where do i have to buy trusted seller that possible to printed the imei number and has the apple logo and other OEM letter under iphone word below printed on the back?? i just want the iphone kept in original housing..

thanks anyway
    Last edited by deadsociety; 10-26-2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: multiple post

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast