Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 212

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"

  1. #141
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Any word on the quality of iPhone 5 screens from Elekworld?
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 07-05-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    iRepair Indy

  2. #142
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts

    @iRepairindy I've heard some great stuff about them. I've also heard some horror stories too. Tread carefully for now. I've ordering about 10 from them in various colors and I have had 0 issues. I've heard others say that only half of their order had working LCD's the other half was garbage.

    As for the top suppliers, not to be a ****, but you're going to have to try some out. Those of us on the board with steady suppliers have gone through the trials and tribulations to get them. I still look everyday for new suppliers. I have about half a dozen I order from regularly. The ones mentioned in this post in the very first page are legitimate sellers. If you don't feel comfortable with those mentioned then you're going to have to put in your own footwork to find one that you are comfortable with.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

    iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to iRevival For This Useful Post:

    Cowboy (07-05-2013)

  4. #143
    +1 Me, irevival, b-roll, josh, and a few others have put more time and money into finding the right suppliers for the jobs we do, to make the most profit, but still give a high quality service with high quality parts. This thread is made for people doing repairs for themselves and for people starting out. If you are legit and do high quantity amounts of business suppliers come to you. I am sure I am not the only one that wakes with 5-10 emails every morning from suppliers trying to get my business.
    We are happy to help people get started and answer questions, but I know that most of us aren't going to let all of our secrets out of the bag. Our suppliers are like our babies we are very protective of most of them. Now, we will tell you if a supplier is crap if you ask lol.
    We run a business and most of us operate on at least a national level if not global and have to remain competitive.
    Last edited by Simon; 07-05-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

    B-Roll (07-06-2013), Firefighter0205 (07-17-2013)

  6. #144
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,006
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Hate to put my mouth on it but Pacific Toys has been a lot better for me recently. Haven't had a bad screen in my last 2 orders and they replaced the bad ones I had in my previous orders for me. I tried going to focussupply but my second order with them had issues with their paypal, said they couldn't receive money. So they couldn't take paypal or credit cards so asked me to pay by Western Union....not happening. Don't care if I have had previous orders with them. WU for me is a big NO NO and red flag. So went back to PF and like I said, they have been better for me...so far.

  7. #145
    That's understandable Im new to the repair business and been looking for a good source with reliable products

  8. #146
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Anyone know where these parts come from? The labels under the iphone label is black or in a dark color and not white like the cheap parts and its the first time i see blue steal! ImageUploadedByModMyi1373334237.524362.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1373334244.889233.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1373334251.359887.jpg
    Found these pics on instagram

  9. #147
    Got a question for you experienced.

    Stopped in the mall today and noticed some conversions were finally available for the i5, difference being it's just glass parts with no digitizer. Dude said he separates the lcd from the glass and throws on the colored glass using your original LCD digitizer. This legit? If so, cannot be worth the $135 price point they're asking, could imagine finding these glass pieces for a mere $10-15 bucks or so.

  10. #148
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts

    You forget the other costs associated with it. New adhesive, separating tools, shipping costs and several other things. Plus the experience. It isn't as easy as it sounds. $135 is a great price for that to be honest. You won't find it any cheaper I can almost guarantee that.

    I ship my stuff to B-Roll to refurb for me. He does the same thing as that guy.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

    iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

  11. #149
    Just figured hardware wise it would be at very least a 1/4th the cost of the 4S conversions that have an LCD included.

  12. #150
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    @iRepairindy I've heard some great stuff about them. I've also heard some horror stories too. Tread carefully for now. I've ordering about 10 from them in various colors and I have had 0 issues. I've heard others say that only half of their order had working LCD's the other half was garbage.

    As for the top suppliers, not to be a ****, but you're going to have to try some out. Those of us on the board with steady suppliers have gone through the trials and tribulations to get them. I still look everyday for new suppliers. I have about half a dozen I order from regularly. The ones mentioned in this post in the very first page are legitimate sellers. If you don't feel comfortable with those mentioned then you're going to have to put in your own footwork to find one that you are comfortable with.
    I've been repairing for over 4 years now, which 2 of those years (and counting) have owned a store. I've been through a ton of different suppliers. I just never used Elekworld. The price on iPhone 5 screens have me wondering if they are good..

    My #1 supplier is TechRestore Wholesale Apple Parts for iPad iPhone iPod and Mac
    They, by far, have the best parts and customer service. The prices are not fantastic but they are also NOT high.

    My #2 supplier is on eBay and I just found them not to long ago. Surprising quality for the price and free shipping that gets to me in 2 days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    +1 Me, irevival, b-roll, josh, and a few others have put more time and money into finding the right suppliers for the jobs we do, to make the most profit, but still give a high quality service with high quality parts. This thread is made for people doing repairs for themselves and for people starting out. If you are legit and do high quantity amounts of business suppliers come to you. I am sure I am not the only one that wakes with 5-10 emails every morning from suppliers trying to get my business.
    We are happy to help people get started and answer questions, but I know that most of us aren't going to let all of our secrets out of the bag. Our suppliers are like our babies we are very protective of most of them. Now, we will tell you if a supplier is crap if you ask lol.
    We run a business and most of us operate on at least a national level if not global and have to remain competitive.
    Your suppliers are not a huge secret.. I bet at least 100 others use them lol

    Those emails you talk about are very annoying. I get about 10 a day too..

    I opened my business not to long ago in Indianapolis (Actually Greenwood, IN) and about a year after I had a CPR (Cell Phone Repair) open up about 200 yards away from me. I have not noticed any slow down with money in come. Shortly after CPR opened I noticed a kiosk in the mall doing color repairs. The "Repair In Color" kiosk gives no warranty, no refunds and uses VERY low quality, colored screens. Even with both of these stores, 500 yards or closer to me, I haven't noticed a slow down in repairs. The only thing I've noticed the the manager at CPR is trying to snag all my Verizon, Sprint, TMobile and AT&T stores. I went into a store yesterday and they had about 50 of his cards. I talked with the manager and gave them more of mine.. then the manager (without me asking) threw all of his away

    Indianapolis is a HUGE spot to have a shop. The population here is almost 900,000

    Quote Originally Posted by dk2000zx View Post
    Anyone know where these parts come from? The labels under the iphone label is black or in a dark color and not white like the cheap parts and its the first time i see blue steal! ImageUploadedByModMyi1373334237.524362.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1373334244.889233.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1373334251.359887.jpg
    Found these pics on instagram
    Where exactly did these pictures come from?

    A guy here in Indiana can get those exact parts but will NOT tell me from where. From what he tells me they are the only 100% fully functional (no antenna problems, etc) iPhone 5 backs out.

    I for one don't do the back swaps. No money in it for the trouble (I Might be wrong though). Plus it, obviously, voids the warranty.
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 07-09-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    iRepair Indy

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to iRepairIndy For This Useful Post:

    Niners14 (07-10-2013)

  14. #151
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts

    Obviously others use the suppliers. They wouldn't be in business if people didnt. But there are legitimate reasons for keeping some to ourselves. Also, just because elekworld has a low price on their iPhone 5 screens doesn't make them poor quality. Just got a shipment of original ones in from them. They're all perfect and fully functional. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your US supplier orders from suppliers in china just like we do. You're paying a premium. We just cut the middle man and get a better price. Customer service with my main suppliers is great. Even with the time difference and language barrier.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

    iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

  15. #152
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Obviously others use the suppliers. They wouldn't be in business if people didnt. But there are legitimate reasons for keeping some to ourselves. Also, just because elekworld has a low price on their iPhone 5 screens doesn't make them poor quality. Just got a shipment of original ones in from them. They're all perfect and fully functional. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your US supplier orders from suppliers in china just like we do. You're paying a premium. We just cut the middle man and get a better price. Customer service with my main suppliers is great. Even with the time difference and language barrier.
    Yea I'm very aware I'm paying a premium. Fact of the matter is that the customer service, and the fact that they are in the USA, makes up for it.

    It's not my first rodeo I've probably been repairing longer than most people here.

    Thanks for the info on Elekworld. I guess I'll be ordering i5 screens from them and checking out what else they have.

    I've always used US suppliers (know all parts came from China) just because of the convenience and there is still plenty of profit left.

  16. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    Yea I'm very aware I'm paying a premium. Fact of the matter is that the customer service, and the fact that they are in the USA, makes up for it.

    It's not my first rodeo I've probably been repairing longer than most people here.

    Thanks for the info on Elekworld. I guess I'll be ordering i5 screens from them and checking out what else they have.

    I've always used US suppliers (know all parts came from China) just because of the convenience and there is still plenty of profit left.
    I been repairing phones and computers for quite a long while(more then the 4 years you been doing it) Not going to start that war because it means nothing just saying. Anywho if you are having to pay a premium for customer service you have the wrong supplier my friend.
    I have US suppliers as well I just hardly use them unless I am in a bind.
    If you run a business then you should know ever penny matters. By buying over seas you cut a huge amount of cost. And no my suppliers aren't a huge secret but I doubt most of the people here have ever heard of them. A simple google search doesn't pull them up. They deal with large orders and so they have a select client base. They aren't just selling 1 or 2 screens to joe jack. And since they are dealing with large orders and (usually) business orders they give excellent customer service because your spending big money. Packages usually arrive in 5-10 days so I know when I am running low I need to place an order 5-10 before I think I am going to be hurting.

    By not hunting down the best suppliers your hurting your business. Yes there is still profit i am sure to be made. But lets think about it granted i dont know your prices but i am sure you paying higher then most of us. In general though the cheapest iPhone 5 Screen i found in the US is about 120ish give or take a few bucks, i can get an iphone screen from overseas for about $80ish give or take a few bucks. SO i make $40 dollars more then you if we are doing the repair at the same price i make $40 dollars more no matter what price we do the repair for! If i did 1 a day that $280 bucks a week thats ruffly $14500 a year just on iphone 5 screens. do that with every part for every phone you repair it could be cents on some thing and 5-10-20-30-40 dollars on another. What was that though? you save the head ache with US suppliers because of there ok customer service. Get a real supplier and you wont have that problem and if you do take $7 dollars of that extra 14000+ your making a year and by the big bottle of aspirin!

    Sorry if i am coming off harsh but you came off sounding very arrogant but the more and more you kept typing you sound like a soft business owner who could be crushed at any given min.
    What you think is a success I see as a failure. You live in a city of 900K people and you are doing ok because there is so many people that all shops can share and do ok. Why dont you cut your competition completely out? Why are they still drawing business from you and staying a float?

    If I am coming off harsh I apologize hell ill even infract myself if need be.

    Have a good day
    Logan AKA Cowboy
    Last edited by Cowboy; 07-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  17. #154
    I've been repairing longer than you!

    No, I have! NA-NA-NA-NA-BOO-BOO

    Gold jacket? Green jacket? Who gives a s#1t!?!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Roll For This Useful Post:

    Cowboy (07-11-2013)

  19. #155
    Gold jacket for sure baller status
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  20. #156
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    I've had 1 bad screen from Elekworld out of an order of 6. Wasn't too pleased with the service I received about the LCD as they said nothing they could do about it everything is tested before it leaves and packaged very well. I sent B-Roll a picture of the LCD last week, it's definitely not damage I did as it wasn't even fully installed on the frame while initially testing.

    As far as Pacific Toy goes, I figured it wasn't long before they dropped with the bad reports of them everywhere. I dominate their prices on pretty much everything and I just sell on the side.

    @iRepairIndy - Dylan definitely doesn't know the only good 5 supplier lmao. I've got at least 2 of them with NO signal loss. They're there, you just have to find them, parts aren't expensive either. I've sold almost $3k worth of them this week alone, people are buying the **** out of them now.

    I agree on the supplier hoarding, especially for me since I'm slowly starting to sell parts to repair shops as a convenience. I don't have any overhead since it's only a side job, so I can keep my prices fair and definitely undercut Pacific Toy all day long with much better customer service lol.

  21. #157
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    The pictures came from a guy on instagram

  22. #158
    Green Apple iRepair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Anymore updates on pacifictoy? Apparently they now have 100% full OEM LCD/OEM Digi screens for $39...Thoughts?
    Insanity Is Believing Your Hallucinations Are Real.

    Religion Is Believing That Other Peoples' Hallucinations Are Real.

  23. #159
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Nope, haven't heard much, but at the same time I don't think many people are ordering through them anymore after all of the bad reviews, seems like a risk.

  24. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by iRepair View Post
    Anymore updates on pacifictoy? Apparently they now have 100% full OEM LCD/OEM Digi screens for $39...Thoughts?
    Ill vouch for Pacifictoy. Ive bought a ton of color swaps/screens from the and I have never had a defective one. One time I bought a color conversion kit and the home button was suppose to be light pink and it had a light blue tint to it. The other day I bought a 100% oem white screen from them and they sent black. I mean this is the only two times out of MANY that I have been disappointed with them. Their parts usually take 3-4 business days to come in too!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •