+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Thanks man! What about TVC-Mall? have you bought anything from them? I've noticed that PT gets their iP5 screens from TVC.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks man! What about TVC-Mall? have you bought anything from them?
    I've noticed that PT gets their iP5 screens from TVC.
    iRepair whatever is next to me!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,081 Times in 6,936 Posts

Muchbuy stopped selling any parts that have the apple logo on them. I moved to Pacific toys but 3 of the 6 screens I got from my first order with them were faulty. 2 had lines all through the LCD and one the whole right side of the touch screen was dead. Not very promising. Now trying focussupply. Not having much luck lately.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Pooria (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pooria View Post
    Thanks man! What about TVC-Mall? have you bought anything from them?
    I've noticed that PT gets their iP5 screens from TVC.
    Never ordered from TVC they seem to be a little high
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody use Elekworld? Or Vin-Sun? I get emails almost every day from them with price updates. I am not invloved very much in the iphone modification business, I almost exclusively do screen repairs, but I order around $10k worth of parts each month. I had been using an American based supplier, icheap.biz, whose prices were nearly as good (or better) than some of the chinese guys, customer service was great, shipping times were great (and free), and quality was fantastic. But a few months ago the quality dropped and customer service was lacking. They recently sent out an email saying that they noticed a drop in quality from their parts and they have cleared out their bad stock with a much higher quality of part, but I am hesitant to go back.
    I have been shopping for suppliers now for months trying to find a reliable source of quality parts at a good price (I know, the holy grail of all repair techs). I went ahead and ordered a few Iphone 5 screens from Elekworld. The price was good, I will have to see about quality and shipping times once they get here.
    I don't need a supplier that has a huge list of available parts and different mods. I just need normal black and white screens for iphones, ipods, and ipads.
    Any input here would be greatly appreciated. I do this part time so I just can't be wasting time searching for parts suppliers when I need to focus on delivering a quality repair to my customer and don't want to worry about people coming back with faulty screens.

Thanks

I have used elek never really had a problem with them. Think I got 1 bad screen out X amount so not bad

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

har02052 (05-07-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I have used elek never really had a problem with them. Think I got 1 bad screen out X amount so not bad
    What was the shipping times? I might have to get some screens ordered from a stateside supplier while I wait for the ones from elekworld.

Thanks

6 days it was actually pretty quick for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will let you know how it goes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I order from elekworld often. it usually takes 3 days after payment. Never had an issue.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B-Roll For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (05-07-2013), har02052 (05-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody seen/heard about or tried smartphone-parts.com? The website looks essentially like the pdf files with prices that all the other companies send me, but they have online ordering. My brother (who also runs an iphone repair shop just like mine, just in another state) just ordered about $1K worth in parts from them. He pretty much bought one part from most of the major categories that we buy. Shipping was expensive but they claimed 4-10 business days and then charged a 4% paypal fee. The overall price including shipping and fees ended up being about 10% less than anything stateside. Granted, if the shipping takes over a week, you can't by anything urgently, but if you keep a good track of your supply and stay on top of things, it would be worth it. One of the bigger selling points for me is online ordering, I don't have to email back and forth to some sales rep that doesn't speak english very well and have to wait for an invoice then pay for it then wait for tracking.
    I will let you all know how it goes for him.

Thanks

I bought some 5 LCD"s from them last week. Quick shipping and everything was fine, all places that I work with charge 4% for Paypal and shipping is the same as it's all from China.

Black/White 5 LCD's I bought were good. From what I've been told from my client that bought a red from me, they aren't that well manufactured. Currently trying to talk to them, not very good customer service as the frame is separating from the digitizer and they asked if I tried to glue it back on yet to fix it? lol I didn't pay $200 for a LCD falling apart when I install it. We'll see how this goes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    I bought some 5 LCD"s from them last week. Quick shipping and everything was fine, all places that I work with charge 4% for Paypal and shipping is the same as it's all from China.

Black/White 5 LCD's I bought were good. From what I've been told from my client that bought a red from me, they aren't that well manufactured. Currently trying to talk to them, not very good customer service as the frame is separating from the digitizer and they asked if I tried to glue it back on yet to fix it? lol I didn't pay $200 for a LCD falling apart when I install it. We'll see how this goes.
    Good to know. I was wondering if the colored screens were "too good to be true" price-wise. I will let you know how it goes with my brother's order. He bought some colored screens too.

Thanks

Their prices have dropped a lot even since my order. I almost ordered a lot yesterday until I was notified about the red. Now I'm at a stand still until they can give me a better answer. Hopefully his order turns out good and this was a fluke. But the black and white were perfect.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Their prices have dropped a lot even since my order. I almost ordered a lot yesterday until I was notified about the red. Now I'm at a stand still until they can give me a better answer. Hopefully his order turns out good and this was a fluke. But the black and white were perfect.
    Did you buy their "original" screens or their "high copy"? With all of those chinese sites, are their "high copy" really that worse? Are they noticeable? In my shop I have kind of set myself apart as the "high quality" repair shop. There are other guys that undercut my prices by a ton, but I have some really loyal customers that wouldn't dare go to them because they know that I only use the highest quality parts. Just wondering if I should make sure to stick to only the original screens, or is their a bit of risk if I try to save some money by using the high copy?

Thanks

With most high copies your missing the finger resistant coating. But usually the glass and everything is close if not exactly the same quality

iPhone? More like MyPhone eliaskok's Avatar
    Thanks

how do i make order from elekworld? because i can't find anything. I don't know maybe is my mistake and i can't see it for some reason.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you get the stuff ? how was the experiance, I wish to make a purchase with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,081 Times in 6,936 Posts

3 screens now I have bought from Pacific toys have been faulty with lines throughout the LCD. Video of it:
    1 more screen had dead spot in touch screen down whole right of the screen. Not impressed at all with them. And because I am in Bermuda sending it back to them for a replacement is a b**** since I would have to pay for shipping there, then shipping and customs again on the screen coming back. Almost not worth it. So that is 4 faulty screens from them of 10 I have purchased from them so far. 40% faulty rate is ridiculous. Buyer beware. Still waiting on my focusupply order and see how their screens fare.

Anyone else seen this glitchy lines issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noklumia View Post
    Did you get the stuff ? how was the experiance, I wish to make a purchase with them.
    Their shipping is insanely quick. 2 days usually. I received my second order from them today. I purchased all original frames, I did buy one high copy to check it out and compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    3 screens now I have bought from Pacific toys have been faulty with lines throughout the LCD. Video of it:
    1 more screen had dead spot in touch screen down whole right of the screen. Not impressed at all with them. And because I am in Bermuda sending it back to them for a replacement is a b**** since I would have to pay for shipping there, then shipping and customs again on the screen coming back. Almost not worth it. So that is 4 faulty screens from them of 10 I have purchased from them so far. 40% faulty rate is ridiculous. Buyer beware. Still waiting on my focusupply order and see how their screens fare.

Anyone else seen this glitchy lines issue?
    Nope. I don't buy a whole lot from them on the norm, I'm still pretty stocked on 4/4S screens, but I've never had any faulty screens from them ever.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast