+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Jonway85 Hey, how are you? I am just wondering if you would recommend Focusupply. I have been in touch with Flora in ipartshow (focusupply) and they are
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonway85 View Post
    Hey, how are you? I am just wondering if you would recommend Focusupply. I have been in touch with Flora in ipartshow (focusupply) and they are constantly mailing me looking for an order. Would you recommend them.Also, the coloured parts you have bought for the iphone 5. Are they the $66 ones or the more expensive ones??? Thank you for your time.
    I've purchased both kinds. There is definitely a color difference between them. The green on the OEM (more expensive) part is much deeper than the aftermarket (cheaper) version. The reds are close but the OEM one definitely looks a bit better. Without one of each to compare the only color I've seen where I would recommend getting the OEM version is the Green. It looks WAY better than the copy version. I actually like the copy sky blue better than the OEM version though lol.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Read his first post got all the company's he suggest.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I made an order wholesale with a company called Truemax Electronics. While their staff don't speak the best English they are quick to respond to problems. In general I think they are a good company. Prices are relatively cheap and everything has worked so far. The only grievance I have with them is the quality of their coloured kits. While the picture quality is pretty much identical to OEM screens I find that too too much light gets emitted from around the top of the LCD. I think its due to the quality or thickness of the paint.

I was going to try out focus supply next as alot of people have vouched for it. However I tried their website tonight and it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know if this is just a fault with their website or are they out of business?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Interesting, not sure what the problem is, but I meant to add my comments in here the other day. I had made a few orders from Focus Supply before with zero issue. I placed one about 3-4 weeks ago with the same rep I always use. Told me shipping was delayed an entire week due to them still catching up on large orders placed over their holiday, okay not a big deal.

My first issue was an iPhone 5 Color Frame I ordered from them had paint peeling from it, so I asked for a replacement, which they were making me pay half the cost for, that pissed me off to start with, but I lived with it and moved on.

So, 2 weeks go by and I e-mail my rep asking what's the status on my shipment, kind of needing the parts I had ordered. They reply asking if I had received my refund.. I'm like what? No I haven't received a refund, so he says he'd look into it their Paypal account was in trouble.. 5 days go by no responses to any e-mails whatsoever from my rep.. So I e-mail their complaint department, instantly received an e-mail, I explained the situation and how I was pretty upset of the service I was receiving. I got my refund within 20 minutes of sending the e-mail.

2 days go by, my rep finally responds and asks if I still want my items as they are ready to ship.. I was like no, I received my refund, I'm not going through this again. And now.. Their website is down. Ha.

Thanks

Last edited by toykey9; 04-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been running BareMods for some time now and it's been an amazing success. We specialize in supporting Mod shops and cell repair shops. I repair and mod myself and answer questions all the time about how to better grow your business and solve problems. We specialize in iPhone parts and are based out of San Francisco, CA. For more info visit BareMods - the iPhone Modification Source or call 800-MODS-999.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't forget us!

Mod edit: already forgotten
    Last edited by Cowboy; 04-11-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baremods View Post
    don't forget us!

Mod edit: Already forgotten
    lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Roll For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (04-11-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This may be obvious but how do you guys think the supply chain works? I have noticed a lot of products are identical across a range of wholesalers. This makes me think that the wholesalers don't manufacture them but order them from a primary source.

If there was a way we could identify the source (if it exists) we should be able to pass on any mark-up someone like focus supply puts on it.

Who's up for a group fund for a personal investigator in China haha?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I know me and a few others have been working to find a source
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    OK i'm guessing you haven't had much luck?

Have you tried a personal investigator? I'm sure you can hire services that would trace back the supply from a quality wholesaler. I'm not sure the cost of a PI in China. But i'm sure they would offer a service if you described to them the information you desire.

If they do find a source, then the next step would be contacting them and seeing if an order is even feasible. I have a feeling the MOQ for the primary source is going to be very very high. If that is the case the next option would be setting up our own distribution. A trusted member could order on behalf of members so our total quantity is high enough. He would then distribute the stock to each party. I know this seems very long winded but it may save us quite a bit of money!

Thanks

I am have a pretty good hunch that the parts are manufactured in Taiwan.
    But yes that would be a good way to go everyone order in bulk. Then distributed from there

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm going to inquire to a few companies and see what they say. I'll PM you what I find if you like?

Thanks

Please do

Thanks

lol - the things we do.

Thanks

Indeed haha

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Any news for iPhone parts wholesale?
    Did anyone come up with any source for iPhone parts?
    I've been buying from Pacifictoy for over 4 months now. Their quality is good, not the best tho. I'm really looking to find some good China source. I get dozens of emails form suppliers everyday since I created my website, but I can't really trust any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Indeed haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pooria View Post
    Did anyone come up with any source for iPhone parts?
    I've been buying from Pacifictoy for over 4 months now. Their quality is good, not the best tho. I'm really looking to find some good China source. I get dozens of emails form suppliers everyday since I created my website, but I can't really trust any of them.
    Please read the thread. There are many listed in here.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default RE:
    I swear I read the whole threat! but is there any of them that you personally recommend? If you could PM me with that, I'd really appreciate
    iRepair whatever is next to me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Okay guys I making this thread to help and also to rant. So take it how ever you want.

I get asked probably 20-30 times a week where i get my parts from. ( Its quite annoying) i had to get my inboxed upped because of how many emails i get a week. But its a bit annoying if anyone would do a simple search i am sure you can find me post this exact answer a couple hundred times on the forum.

The answer to this question tho is ............................................ wait for it...........................

ifixdirect
    focusupply
    muchbuy
    &
    pacifictoy.com

all are great sources, i did put them in order as far as quality is concerned. Muchbuy and Focusupply could probably switch between 2-3 they are both real good.

So there you have it, so i beg you please stop pming me
    The very first post mentions 4 of them. I personally use Focusupply for most of my large orders. I use PacificToy for orders that I need right away and I have a few that I have scoured months to come across. But focus and pacific are my two main ones.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iRevival For This Useful Post:

Pooria (05-07-2013)

+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast