+ Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
check out iPhone BlackBerry HTC Sony Motorola LG Nokia Smartphone Spare Parts Wholesale Supplier . Loads of selection. I just recieved my first order last week. ive installed a few
    Green Apple
    Thanks

check out iPhone BlackBerry HTC Sony Motorola LG Nokia Smartphone Spare Parts Wholesale Supplier. Loads of selection. I just recieved my first order last week. ive installed a few of the colour kits and i must say they are fantastic quality. They only sell apple and samsung parts which is a good sign. They say their parts come from LG. Terrific customer service. I asked them tons of questions in the chat box before i ordered. I tried muchbuy.com and the quality was garbage. Bought a colour conversion kit and the screen had a yellow tint. smart-phone parts is pretty expensive on shipping, but when you see how cheap their wholesale prices are you wont mind. Ive been searching for a good supplier for a while and i think ive found one. Good luck. PS. anyone know where to find the iphone 5 gold frames for a decent price?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've decided to try out the 2nd most expensive screens for 4S and 4 from the above-mentioned website. I've had trouble finding a Chinese supplier that doesn't seem completely bogus. Any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneFixer View Post
    I've decided to try out the 2nd most expensive screens for 4S and 4 from the above-mentioned website. I've had trouble finding a Chinese supplier that doesn't seem completely bogus. Any suggestions?
    focusupply
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do I find Flex cables with the installed small black "nipple" ... I love focusupply but the Oem or High quality does not have them

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So focusupply is safe? Apparently ipartshow.com is the same shop, just wholesale.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I haven't used them yet, but yes I know a lot of people on here use them frequently. Focus Supply that is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charles DoitAll Rudolph
    where do I find Flex cables with the installed small black "nipple" ... I love focusupply but the Oem or High quality does not have them
    which kind are you ordering? When I get them in for the 4S or CDMA they have the black one on it. If I get the GSM version they are clear. I think that is how the OEM part is.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepair View Post
    Guys has anyone noticed MuchBuy took all iPhone stuff off their website?
    I was very upset that they did that. They had the absolute top quality iPhone screens.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected], December 28th
    Hi Dustin,
    Thanks for your e-mail. Sorry to say that we don't sell the phone parts anymore. The items you mentioned have been cleared and not in stock.
    The items on website are available. If items are not listed on the website, that means the items will not be available any more. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Kimmy
    They've took their inventory offline once and was able to fulfill my order via email, but when I got this message my heart sank since I got all my parts from them. Total spend from there was about $1000

My review of buyiparts:
    I've been buying random screens from Amazon with about 70% of them being 'decent' screens. Back in 2011 I ordered from a company called buyiparts. A few days later, (thanks to Amazon) I got the screen. I opened the envelope and the screen came in a packaged box with padding (nice!). Nothing cosmetically wrong with the LCD, screen, or cabled. I put the screen on the phone with no problem, but when I went to turn it on I noticed it had an extremely bad yellow contrast. I mean there was no white color, it looked like there was a yellow film attached between the glass and LCD. I gave them two years to find a new supply with no luck. I had ordered a few things from them and almost all of them have their faults, beginning with their packages. I ordered about 5 screens, and they came bubble wrapped... together. There was nothing in between the screens to protect the LCD from the pins of the iPhone stacked on top of it. It had been compressed so much from the trip from CA to NJ that the pins on the iPhone have been bent outward and inward, damaging 1/5 LCD. I also tried the backs of the phone, with little success. One of the phones camera glass popped right out, with little pressure. (this was fixed with carefully supergluing the lens back to the glass.) Needless to say I'm happy I found this thread because I'm done giving my money to them. The only thing I would consider is their LCD recycling, but I'm a bit weary since reading a ton of ripoff reports from them. I've tried to contact them (email, chat, phone) about an RMA (return) but I haven't gotten a reply back from email, chat is useless, and their phone went straight to their (full) inbox.

Total spent: $ 300

Edit: I bought a few things from PacificToy, including one 'A grade' screen, along with an 'OEM' screen. I'll do a comparison by the end of next week.
    Last edited by DRPCs; 02-01-2013 at 12:53 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello

Thanks for this thread, this is great!

I've been using tvc-mall.com, English isn't their first language but they're very friendly and helpful, and I've never had a problem with the quality of their parts. The pricing is pretty good too.

I'm still looking for suppliers closer to me in Australia though ... if anyone knows of any that'd be great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys im new to to purchasing iPhone hardware and would like to know out of the sources stated in this thread which ones besides ifixdirect offer finger proof coating on their iPhone 4S Screen/LCD. Im interested in purchasing from pacifictoys but would like to know about the quality vs some of the other sources, also would like to know which back housing With the apple logo will best match the OEM screen/LCD from PT

Thanks for the help.
    Jay
    Last edited by JAY LIVE; 02-08-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAY LIVE View Post
    Im interested in purchasing from pacifictoys but would like to know about the quality vs some of the other sources

Jay
    I'm currently writing a review of PacificToy. I'm hoping to publish it today on the forum.

edit: It's published, just waiting for a moderator to approve.

edit2: Parts Supplier Review: PacificToy.com
    Last edited by DRPCs; 02-08-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: added review

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRPCs View Post
    I'm currently writing a review of PacificToy. I'm hoping to publish it today on the forum.

edit: It's published, just waiting for a moderator to approve.
    Awesome cant wait! Please update with a link when you get a chance (im subscribed to the thread so I can keep up easily) , also in your opinion which back housing source would you recommend with the apple logo. I've been trying to fix my 4s (white) for some time, since i'll be upgrading to the 5 with the release of the jailbreak but I don't want to spend more then needed since i will be selling it off but i'd like the front to have the finger proof coating.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jay

Thanks

I'll edit my last post with a link when a moderator approves the review thread. As for the back housing, the two I received from PacificToy look flawless, and at $9 (+S&H) I don't think you can beat that price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll edit my last post with a link when a moderator approves the review thread. As for the back housing, the two I received from PacificToy look flawless, and at $9 (+S&H) I don't think you can beat that price.
    I also liked the pacifictoy back housing, Does your show the apple logo and text? the picture they show on the website says logo not shown.
    iPhone :: iPhone 4S :: iPhone 4S (White) Back Housing Assembly - Pacific Toy - Quality Wholesale Replacement Parts - iPhone, iTouch, LCD, Digitizer, and more

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone know where I can get these iPhone 5 colour kits ? I'm currently getting mine from focusupply . These ones come with colour glass on top and bottom as well as colour buttons . I've seen pics on Instagram, where are people getting them ? If anyone knows send me a pm or post her . Thanks Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360430822.635086.jpgQuestion of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360430832.729929.jpgQuestion of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360430842.530109.jpgQuestion of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360430852.580750.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAY LIVE View Post
    Does your show the apple logo and text? the picture they show on the website says logo not shown.
    Yes, it has both the Apple logo, and iPhone in the correct font. I believe it's blurred for legality reasons.

Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"-comparison.png
    (iPhone 4S, replacement glass, replacement cover)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, it has both the Apple logo, and iPhone in the correct font. I believe it's blurred for legality reasons.

Attachment 621152
    (iPhone 4S, replacement glass, replacement cover)
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Im going to order my parts tonight, cant beat those prices.

Thanks

You can get them from the same place. You can buy the colored glass separately (buy beware. every single piece of colored glass I've tried except 1 broke while installing. very poor quality.)

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Latest places I'm looking at are offering you to choose the color of glass installed before shipment. I'll wait until I see how reliable they are before posting.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, how are you? I am just wondering if you would recommend Focusupply. I have been in touch with Flora in ipartshow (focusupply) and they are constantly mailing me looking for an order. Would you recommend them.Also, the coloured parts you have bought for the iphone 5. Are they the $66 ones or the more expensive ones??? Thank you for your time.