+ Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question of the Year : "Where Do I Get My Parts?"

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by maxipon I have a few questions: Are there places that sell better GLASS only quality than others? I'm looking for the closest to OEM quality glass only
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxipon View Post
    I have a few questions:

Are there places that sell better GLASS only quality than others? I'm looking for the closest to OEM quality glass only replacements. I don't want cheap glass that breaks easy. What do you all recommend? Local & small order wholesale from China. What signs should I look for in the best glass?

As far as the whole LCD should I be looking for retina quality? I am looking for non OEM because of price concerns. I see tons of places that sell LCDs but can't tell which one is closest to OEM. One of the most attractive features of iphones is the high quality display. I don't want to replace a customer's LCD with something that looks worse than original.

Thanks!
    There is a Good Quality type Glass -- the front glass is waterproof and not easy broken,it is not OEM,but Chinese High AAA copy. Here is the picture of the LCD Screen assembly with glass type quality comparison.Maybe you like the grade AAA quality.
    iPhone-4-LCD-Screen-Digitizer-Touch-Assembly-Quality.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepair View Post
    Anyone ordered from PacificToy recently? Curious to know what the quality of their OEM screens are as I want a U.S. supplier for rush orders and was hearing bad things for a while.

Any chance we can get some more U.S. based suppliers added to the list?

Also, just thought I'd point it out there... I'm 95% positive elekworld/focusupply are shipping out of the same location/factory/warehouse/etc. Most of the forms I've filled out for them are identical not to mention the wholesale pricelists I have are identical with the exception that elekworld is cheaper.

I have been using PacificToy.com for two years. They are selling $36.99 for color set. 27.99 or 100% OEM front LCD screen. Fast shipping, good price, & good quality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coloriphone View Post
    27.99 for 100% OEM front LCD screen.
    It's showing $37.99 for a 4S 'OEM' in Black. Elekworld about the same price, at $38.80.

I do believe that PacificToy is a 'middleman', so I find it hard to believe that their OEM is a true OEM, since the price is almost equal to a real supplier. Buuuuut, I could be wrong.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up It is impossible to buy a Full OEM iPhone 4 or 4S LCD Screen Digitizer at only $27
    Quote Originally Posted by DRPCs View Post
    It's showing $37.99 for a 4S 'OEM' in Black. Elekworld about the same price, at $38.80.

I do believe that PacificToy is a 'middleman', so I find it hard to believe that their OEM is a true OEM, since the price is almost equal to a real supplier. Buuuuut, I could be wrong.
    As a repair man and seller of iPhone parts, I can 100% guarantee that PacificToy is lying to you all. It is impossible to buy a OEM LCD + OEM Digitizer + OEM Frame Assembly at only $27. I guess Pacific is selling OEM LCD + Grade AAA high copy glass + Grade A copy frame Assembly.

Some suppliers said OEM, maybe it means the LCD display is OEM, not meaning the digitizer is also OEM. By judging from the price, we can easily know which quality it is. You can view this picture which shows Chinese all type quality with difference prices.
    iPhone-4-LCD-Screen-Digitizer-Touch-Assembly-Quality.jpg

Here, i would like to tell you all how to distinguish OEM iPhone 4 LCD Screen Digitizer Assembly :
    How-to-recognize-OEM-and-Copy-iPone-4-LCD-Screen.jpg
    (1)OEM Front Glass is waterproof.Some high copy glass is also waterproof.If the glass is not waterproof,it is 100% copy.
    (2)On the Digitizer / Touch Screen flex cable (front side view),there is a sign like "V" for OEM flex cable.If the digitizer flex cable does not have the sign of "V',it is copy!
    (3)For OEM,both the LCD flex cable and Digitizer flex cable have the black foam.For copy,without the foam.

How-to-tell-OEM-and-Copy-iPone-4-LCD-Screen.jpg
    (4)The Two-dimensional code is very clear for OEM.While,it is vague for copy.
    (5)For OEM,both the LCD and digitizer flex cable printed "Apple" word.You can unfold the flex slowly to see the word.For copy,without the word,or only the LCD flex cable has the word.
    (6)OEM LCD Screen is installed the earpice mesh and front camera holder.For copy,without installing the mesh and camera holder.
    (7)On the left edge and right edge (body of the screen),you will see black sticker,this is for OEM.Copy LCD does not have the black sticker.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to priorparts For This Useful Post:

DRPCs (01-25-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by priorparts View Post
    Here, i would like to tell you all how to distinguish...
    Very informative, thanks for sharing!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Go to pacifictoy.com they have the best quality and best price.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pff, that picture means nothing. I can "make" an OEM screen in a matter of minutes. Next.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Roll For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (01-27-2014)

Thanks

May I ask who everyone uses now for parts? Recently, and more common unfortunately, a lot of my screens are being shipped defective from elekworld. Two 5s screens with bad digitizers, one 5 with a NAND error, and a 4S with a white screen with faded black border in my last order itself! It's a shame because I've bought a lot of screens with this company and they keep getting my orders messed up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    go to ecever.com they mostly provide phone parts, their site looks professional. And they provide different prices with different quality lcd screens. As a repair shop, i usually buy full OEM lcd to avoid issues.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice priorparts, does anyone else have their input as well?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRPCs View Post
    Thanks for the advice priorparts, does anyone else have their input as well?
    Yes, remember to check the reviews of the site before buying anything, it looks that ecever.com got 5 reviews with both 5 stars, here is the link:
    ecever Reviews - ecever.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

I checked elecworld, nothing showed.

+ Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011