+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS with Broken Glass - Won't Turn On??

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an old 3GS that took a direct hit right next to the Home Button. The button still appears to function with the click when pressed in. The phone
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3GS with Broken Glass - Won't Turn On??
    I have an old 3GS that took a direct hit right next to the Home Button. The button still appears to function with the click when pressed in. The phone however will not turn on at all. I plugged it into iTunes and it will not recognize it.

I realize it could be a number of things however as the replacement kits on eBay are pretty cheap I thought I'd invest 10 bux or so into getting a new glass and digitizer.

Is this all I'd need for now? If anyone can think of anything else that might need obvious replacement from this damage causing it not to turn on please let me know.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Check the connection from the charging port to the logic board, it's the flex connector on the lower left hand side of the board when you remove the screen assembly. If you're going to order something, I would get a new screen obviously, since the one you have is already cracked, a new charging port to be sure, and perhaps even a battery. Overall it shouldn't cost more than 30$ for all of those parts and getting a working 3GS for that amount of money is a bargain!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cersche For This Useful Post:

volvik (07-22-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cersche View Post
    Check the connection from the charging port to the logic board, it's the flex connector on the lower left hand side of the board when you remove the screen assembly. If you're going to order something, I would get a new screen obviously, since the one you have is already cracked, a new charging port to be sure, and perhaps even a battery. Overall it shouldn't cost more than 30$ for all of those parts and getting a working 3GS for that amount of money is a bargain!
    Is it possible that I'll need the LCD display too if the damage went beyond the glass and onto that panel?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Most definitely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cersche For This Useful Post:

volvik (07-22-2012)