+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speakerphone not working

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My wife's iphone 4 speakerphone is not working properly. When she makes a call the other person can not hear her when she is on speakerphone. She can hear them
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Speakerphone not working
    My wife's iphone 4 speakerphone is not working properly. When she makes a call the other person can not hear her when she is on speakerphone. She can hear them fine. I just got this phone (used) about a month ago. From what I remember, it used to work but does not now. Anybody have any ideas? I have swapped the speaker with mine and also have done a complete restore and still nothing. Thanks for any help.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Ya bought it off of eBay or like someone like apple?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I bought it on craigslist.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It happens if the phone has been open, and the screen has been removed. the 3GS has this problem aswell. Whoever you got it from had probabley opened it and tampered with it, if your not careful you can easily damage it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cphone 4 View Post
    It happens if the phone has been open, and the screen has been removed. the 3GS has this problem aswell. Whoever you got it from had probabley opened it and tampered with it, if your not careful you can easily damage it.
    I think what you mean to say is that someone probably took the phone apart but didn't put it back together properly. What's more probable is that the 4 metal grounding tabs on the speaker module are not seated correctly against the frame. Pretty quick and easy fix, follow the guide to take apart the phone and just use a small flathead screwdriver to make sure they seat under the lip in the frame.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah exactly^ couldnt have said it better myself

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

He said he CAN hear the other person but they can't hear him which would be a microphone issue, not having to do with the speaker/ringer.

There are 2 noise canceling microphones. One connected to the charge port and the other connected to the power button/proximity sensor if it's AT&T or it's connected to the audio flex on a Verizon phone.

mvn
    Thanks

There is only one noise cancellation microphone in the iPhone 4, just want to correct this for informational purpose. It is part of the power button + proximity sensor flex cable. For the 4S it is actually part of the headphone jack rather then being part of the power button (just wanted to separate the models). There is also another microphone in the iPhone but that one does not affect the speakerphone and is only used when the speakerphone is off.

Cable will run you about $15-$20 for an original one, copy you can pick up from $1-$5 on ebay.
    Apple Technician - Modder