+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone wont charge

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Recently while at the beach with my girlfriend, I jumped into the ocean with her iphone in my pocket. Since im such a great guy, i bought her a new
    Thanks

Default iphone wont charge
    Recently while at the beach with my girlfriend, I jumped into the ocean with her iphone in my pocket. Since im such a great guy, i bought her a new one and decided to try to repair the water damaged one. after taking it apart and cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol i put it back together and it didnt work. so i take it to someone who supposedly knows what he's doing. he told me that he replaced the screen and battery and it works. then he told me, when icalled back to say i was coming to pick it up, that the charger port might go out soon. when i plug it in to the wall, the phone says it is charging, but in the top right corner it has the symbol on the battery that means its fully charged but the percentage was dropping as if it wasnt plugged in. iTunes has no problem recognizing it.

Im thinking either he gave me a bad battery, or the maybe the port is bad. any suggestions?
    iPhone 4 gsm
    iPod Touch 4
    iPod Touch 2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would check the battery first. Try a different one, if you still have the same issue then I would say replace the charging port. If that doesn't work, you may be out of luck. Hope it turns out well!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cersche View Post
    I would check the battery first. Try a different one, if you still have the same issue then I would say replace the charging port. If that doesn't work, you may be out of luck. Hope it turns out well!
    +1. The issue could easily be either one of those. But I agree. Starting out with the battery is a good first step. It is a cheaper part and MUCH easier to replace yourself than the charging port.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!