+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok, got my metallic blue iphone 4s color conversion done tonight! few questions

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Took me around 2.5hr to complete. It was tedious, but rewarding when it powered up and functioned properly first time go! I have a few questions though. I removed the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Ok, got my metallic blue iphone 4s color conversion done tonight! few questions
    Ok, got my metallic blue iphone 4s color conversion done tonight!  few questions-img_1212.jpgOk, got my metallic blue iphone 4s color conversion done tonight!  few questions-img_1210.jpgOk, got my metallic blue iphone 4s color conversion done tonight!  few questions-img_1211.jpgTook me around 2.5hr to complete. It was tedious, but rewarding when it powered up and functioned properly first time go! I have a few questions though.

I removed the little metal square from the back of my original button and glued it on the new replacement. Is this correct? Reason i ask is when you apply slight pressure to the bottom of the phone you can actually activate the button. Or is something not seated right like home button not at 90 deg? Its too sensitive

Second, what is the rubber thing from the logic board? Where the heck does it go?

and Last, where can i get some precision tools for this job. The ones i got from ebay seemed to be way out of tollerance and i stripped out a penelope screw.

Ill post a pic soon. Next one is my wifes metallic pink. I feel like i scared her by watching how many pieces came out of the phone.
    Last edited by johnnychimpo26; 07-18-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,864 Times in 2,205 Posts

What you need to do is loosin the screws on the corners of the bezel that hold the glass in place you have them to tight and thats why you home button keeps activating.
    The little rubber piece goes on the top of the logic board where the lcd flex ribbon bend.

Ebay is where i got my kit ill see if i can find the link again..

But it looks good man

Here is the tool kit i got.. It is high quality and i love it

http://bit.ly/NpK2IX
    Last edited by Cowboy; 07-18-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks cowboy! Ordered tool kit and prob just keep using it until the tools get here. I dont want to strip any more screws!
    Last edited by johnnychimpo26; 07-18-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It kinda looks like the bottom left side corner is raised higher than all the other sides actually. When i press down on it, the home button barely even clicks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, got my metallic blue iphone 4s color conversion done tonight!  few questions-img_1213.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 3,864 Times in 2,205 Posts

can you press down on it so it sits flush?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

johnnychimpo26 (07-18-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes it i can, but when i do the button doesnt click. Made me think i didnt need to glue that small metal square from my old button. Does it matter where the little tabs are positioned for the button?
    Last edited by johnnychimpo26; 07-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Looks good love that color

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnnychimpo26 View Post
    Yes it i can, but when i do the button doesnt click. Made me think i didnt need to glue that small metal square from my old button. Does it matter where the little tabs are positioned for the button?
    yes, it sounds like you have them on the wrong sides. If you keep the orientation of the rubber retainer piece the same and look at the cutouts on the portion where the ribbon is, there's a very slight difference between the tab on the right (high side) and the one on the left (low side)

Trust me, you need that metal square. this is the problem I'm having with mine because I didnt swap that over and now it takes a ton of pressure to activate the button. Something is out of whack in your re-installation that's lifting that left hand corner. The button won't click with it compressed because when you pull it down it's likely pulling the button off center.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jcat9 For This Useful Post:

johnnychimpo26 (07-18-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

ahhh, so it matters what and which side the tabs are on. Thanks. Soon as i get my tools in im tearing it up again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

What is most likely happening here is the blue home button isn't set right. The high tab will always be on the right and the low tab will always be on the left no matter how you have it. so I wouldn't worry about that. As long as the tabs are on the sides (left and right) you are fine.

I'm thinking you perhaps forgot to take off the plastic film on the back of the LCD. When you take it apart again make sure that is off. This could be the reason the glass is slightly lifting off the plastic frame, as well as giving you issues with how the home button feels.

Also, after fixing it again make sure the home button presses how you like it before putting it back together the rest of the way. That way you can tweak it before finishing the job. I also think you may have gotten an iPhone 4 home button instead of a 4S button. They're different and will definitely feel different when pressed. Let us know if any of those fix you issue. Good luck!
    Last edited by iRevival; 07-18-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Prob right on the plastic film, just checked my wifes housing and its got a white film that covers the silver backing. I didnt take anything off mine, but it wasnt white like hers. All silver, so i didnt notice. I was kinda in a rush last night trying to get it done. First time doing this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah they come with clear ones a lot so you probably missed it. They slipped my mind several times when I first started. Easy miss. Some of them dont even have a tab on them so you literally can't even tell it's there lol.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!